Oh My Gosh! Just received a GREAT RUMOR! Just a Hint for now... more soon!

Ultimate Dream X camera(s): in no particular order:

1) A medium format equivalent to X100T, just scaled up. Would prefer a SQUARE sensor.

2) An E3 body with the largest size "APS" sensor possible relative to premium X lenses like 56/1.2 and 23/1.4. Would personally like this as a SQUARE sensor as well.

3) An E4 body with an ORGANIC sensor featuring the amazing sensor capabilities we've read about (resolution, dynamic range, etc.)

4) A simplified X camera with NO LCD SCREEN OR BUTTONS DIRECTLY ON BACK. Limited menus accessible via EVF only.

5) A standards-based lossless file format (PNG, JPG-2000).

6) Maybe a sensor based on some other alternate FUJI sensor layout patterns like the one with white as well as RGB pixels if it performs well, but forget about Bayer patterns.

7) Tripod threads should be relocated underneath lens axis, that's just plain silly.

8) If monochrome, would say in medium format only.

Dream camera:

- X-T1 like commands

- second Fn button on the front (above lens release knob)

- 24mp APS-H sensor (1.3 crop)

- fast and accurate AF

- NO VIDEO -> but better ISO instead

- 2x memory cards, and more robust cover

- better battery (or less power consumption)

- improved/simplified WiFi connectivity

- touch screen

- weather proof

- Canon like custom settings memory -> to store ALL camera settings

A smaller X-PRO2 with

• all innovations from X-T1 and X100T (sensor, AF speed, advanced hybrid viewfinder)
  • better battery life
  • an ISO dial
  • a rear joystick for moving focus points that falls right under the thumb
  • a tiltable screen
  • weather sealing

In the lens department, more f/2.8 pancake-ish versions of classic focal lengths with an aperture ring.

OK, I'll byte. First of all I love my X-T1 and if FW 4.0 fixes autofocus I'll be able to move more of my wedding work to the Fuji which I prefer (weight, great Auto-ISO support and flip screen)

* X-T1 body or slightly larger. The X-Pro1 is too clunky for me (no offense to those who love it) even though I have large hands. Moved to Fuji to get lighter gear (don't remind me I got the 16-55). I also don't want an optical viewfinder (I have an X100S). Just more to go wrong and the new EVF is pretty nice

* +- 3 stop bracketing (come on, how hard could that be. +- 1 stop is a joke)

* In camera HDR (my iPhone does this. Takes 3 shots and combines)

* In body image stabilization. I miss it on the 16-55 2.8 so would be nice to have optional in-body IS

* Compression in RAF format. These files are HUGE for their resolution. Compression makes most things better (less space, faster transfer to/from card, etc)

* Uses same X lenses

* Much better auto-focus (4.0 firmware may not be enough we'll see). Want it to focus as well as my 1DX (not joking). That gives one the confidence to concentrate on things other than focus.

* Closer to FF while still using same lenses would be fantastic ( 1.3 crop?). Would also give better ISO performance if they didn't add more pixels.

* 1 stop better (or more) ISO performance and I'd give up getting more resolution for it. 16Mpix is ok. In fact give me two stops better performance after 800 ISO and I don't need more resolution (but would take it up to a point -- 24mpix?)

* Better weather sealing. Already lost one X-T1 in the rain

On software side:

* Better Lightroom support. It's getting better but seems sharpening isn't designed for our Fuji sensor. On the color rendition side, even with a bunch of tweaking and using the new camera profile settings it's really difficult to get RAW to look as good as out of the camera JPEGs. Certainly just switching to Velvia doesn't do it.

No interest in medium format or FF since those will use different lenses. I'm happy with my Canon for FF so why would I purchase yet another system from Fuji?

I would love to see an XT-2 with the following: 

- less flimsy covers

- much better battery life

- in body image stabilization (especially for video)

- improved video with all manual controls and 4k

- higher sync speed

- much snappier AF with good functional and reliable tracking (really looking forward to the 4.0 upgrade)

- Battery grip where you have access to both batteries (this one drives me nuts)

- Much more defined and large grip on the body itself (slightly larger body would be fine too... or maybe a pro body where you don't need a grip... i'd love that)

- Full frame? something in between? It's a toss up for me..

-improved in-camera raw processing with a better layout: not menu based (I really loved the in camera raw processing on the 6D)

-better high iso performance.. I can live without it but it never hurts to ask

-higher MS shutter speed

-same lens lineup

X-Pro2 Wishlist 

• 24 mp full frame sensor - CMOS or organic
  • Optimized larger EVF with higher resolution and focus peaking
  • Optimized focus adjustment feature and adaptor for Leica lenses 
  • X-Pro1 form factor and look 
  • 2nd camera body that has a dedicated black & white sensor with no Bayer color filter
  • $1,700 per camera 
  • Better battery life 

Hope Fuji Film will make my Dream camera come true:

- monochrome XPro2

- Range finder style

- XT1 like EVF 

- smaller size

- 24mp APS-H sensor (1.3 crop)

- better ISO 

- much better DR

- 2x memory cards, and more robust cover

- better battery working life

tiltable and touch screen

in body image stabilization 

- weather proof

- custom settings memory -> to store ALL camera settings

Going along the lines of needing a "new camera section," I hope that we're talking about a medium format rangefinder camera.  A full frame camera would be more of a replacement consideration for my X-T1 outfit, while a medium format camera would be more complimentary.  Many of us, myself included, have already switched away from full frame systems.  I think that Fuji realizes that APS-C is a much more sensible format than 35mm for a mirrorless system.  Sony FE lenses are f/2.8 primes, f/4 zooms, or undeniably huge and unwieldy.  Leica lenses are small and well balanced, but are manual focus only, and prohibitively expensive for what they do.  

So please Fuji, if you have a full frame camera in the works, make it a DSLR -- or at least make it big and grippy.  

So a dream camera!  Okay, I can do this.

1st Choice: 

-Medium format rangefinder, 50+ megapixels
-Organic X-trans sensor
-Removable back (modular is always better)

-3 lenses at launch (wide, normal, slight tele)

-And to make it really interesting, have the body take two separate mounts: A conventional bayonet system, and a clip on drop-in from the front sort of mount for REMOVABLE folding lenses (Think of an interchangeable version of a GF670 or Bessa III style lens)   :D

2nd Choice:

-X-Pro 2, 24 megapixels, APS-C

-Organic X-trans sensor

-In body stabilization

-Sensor shift technology for large image rendering

-Vastly improved AF in low light

-2 colour focus peaking

-Larger battery capable of 500 shots/charge

I don't want/need a larger sensor.

I'm not in need for an exotic camera. an XT-1 with a 20mpx x-trans sensor (we can imagine a 1 stop improvment in image quality over the previous generation) with an improved af system, 8-9 fps with a good buffer and exr III, improved evf in high contrast situation and low light situation.

but this is just the logical evolution of the camera. what I'd like to see is a little larger grip in order to implement a larger battery (500 shots would be nice), more clicky and bumpy 4 way buttons, a more solid sd card slot door aaaaaand... a 5 axis stab (like sony a7 II or oly em1 and 5)

to me, such a camera would kill the interest of any FF. here's why.

1- definition is way enough for 99% of the photographers.

2- since the new firmware will increase af sensitivity to 0,5 ev, a brand new af system would probably go above 0 (that's more a dslr vs hybrid argument)

3- 6400 isos would give very good results (I guess same as XT-1 at 3200)

should I even mention size, weight and price of the gear?

oh I almost forgot. same stuff for a X200.

While the X100T is widely hailed as one of the best cameras in the world, a zoom version, with the same size and features as the X100T, would be an even bigger success, perhaps approaching the popularity of the  XT-1. I yearn for the image quality and small body - (to say nothing of the amazing hybred viewfinder - of an X100T with the flexibility of the superb zoom lens (suitably modified to fit the larger sensor) of an X30.

My wish list for the next Fuji X-system camera:

Doesn't disable hot shoe when drive mode set to continuous settings

Rear-curtain sync with any flash/remote

HSS (High speed sync)

1/320 second flash sync with mechanical shutter

Improved high ISO noise performance, and ISO 100 in RAW

1/8000 sec shutter

Improved User Interface (for example, drive selector on my X-T1 moves to easily, is always getting bumped to a different setting; EVF+Eye Sensor should put the menu up the external LCD, not just in the viewfinder; buttons people can actually find by feel)

Real back button focus.

More PASF points spread across the viewfinder for tracking off-center subject

Wish List:

• Square format, but uses current XF lenses
  • Largest possible sensor size for XF lenses (Organic sensor allows higher angle of incidence so might be possible to get large with the help of microlenses)
  • Rangefinder (hydrid EV)
  • Color x-trans and monochrome x-trans versions

'Monochrome X-trans?' Yes, I know what I said. The Monochrome X-trans is where I think Fuji could get really innovative. Instead of a RGB array, they could do forgo the full-frame UV and IR filters and do them in an X-trans pattern: Visible, Infrared and UV. This would allow for hyperspectral imaging, and for the traditionalists (many of whom are drawn to Fuji's classic looks and handling anyway) would allow for B&W and IR photography in a single body.

(Alternately Vis, Vis+UV and Vis+IR instead of Vis, UV and IR, which might allow for more light gathering and better Vis performance... but the general idea is the same.)

(Reposting this as an updated wish list rather than a thought on the rumor.)

I don't understand where this thread is heading. It's nice that you all have various wishes, think they are relevant and that Fuji is reading you here and will listen but I would kind of guess you're all wrong and it's futile.

Medium Format.

The end.

organic sensor doesn't seem to be on its way in a near future.

larger sensor. I doubt it considering what has been inversted in the X-mount system + FF will become less and less justified in real world photography (regarding sensor's evolution)

So my guess is still an improved generation (X-pro 2, XT-2...) with a new sensor, EXR III ... and it's perfectly fine to me.

As far as the X30 successor, the more realistic would be a 1 inch X-trans sensor (wish they could implement a 24-100 2-2.8 zoom) and that also would be perfect.

I understand certain people wanting to have medium format and square sensors, but when you look at Pentax Z645, ok it kick ass shooting charts, but you have a sliding aperture zoom and a fixed lens that's only 2.8 (therefore you're losing 2 stops compared to a 1.4 fujinon) oh I almost forgot, it's 9.000 fu.... dollars!

As far as a new X-series body, I'd like one with IBIS. I really don't understand Fuji's "zooms get OIS, primes don't" philosophy. Stabilization is most useful for longer lenses. It makes no sense for the 10-24 to have stabilization and the 90 not to. They can rectify this without having to redesign all their lenses by adding it to the bodies instead. It would be like upgrading all of their primes at the same time! I'd also like a larger sensor, but not for a different crop factor, rather: for loss-free multi-aspect-ratio! (I mainly use my X-E1 with old adapted manual lenses, which are wonderful together with Fuji's retro film simulations, controls, and styling, so a full-frame sensor would be even nicer from my perspective, but I don't think it would make sense from Fuji's.)

It might also be interesting to have a new low-end model (around the level of the X-A/X-M line), but for a more sophisticated audience: keep the EVF, and lose the LCD instead; keep the same controls and styling as the higher-end models, instead of a PASM dial; and bundle it with the new 35/2, instead of an XC zoom. This would be aimed at people who are really into "the Fuji philosophy", but simply don't have the money for the higher-end models. I don't know how big this market would be, but it's currently a completely untapped one. The existing low-end models don't really cut it for this kind of potential customer, because they throw away the very things which make a Fuji camera desirable: if I want a cheap zoom and a PASM dial, I can choose from any brand on the market.

Finally, what I really, really want, would be a high-end, compact (as in small), semi-large sensor, constant aperture super-zoom: a Fuji response to the Oly Stylus 1. That camera is going on two years old now; technology has progressed. Target it for a higher-end market ($800-1000), and actually make it smaller. I think this is more feasible than it may sound: get rid of the awkward EVF hump, and have an unobtrusive rangefinder-style EVF in the corner like the X-E2 and the X30 instead, and rather than a built-in flash, bundle a clip-on like the X-T1 does. Also lose the tilt-screen, which adds considerably to the thickness. Now it's almost down to the size of an Oly XZ-1! To make even more space, completely get rid of the mechanical shutter in favor of a fully electronic one. With a 1/32000s electronic shutter, the built-in ND filter also becomes less necessary, which is even more saved space. It's a common trick to increase the zoom ratio or aperture of a lens, without making it bigger, by making it wider: for example, the Sony RX100 line went from 28-90/1.8-4.9 to 24-70/1.8-2.8. Along the same lines, a 24-240 equiv. f/2.8 lens should be smaller than the Stylus 1's 28-300 equiv. f/2.8 -- and probably more useful, too. With some of the saved space, we can upgrade the sensor to 2/3": keeping the image circle the same 1/1.7" size (so the lens doesn't get bigger!), but gaining loss-free multi-aspect-ratio. The result would be a camera with immense flexibility: 24-240mm equiv. with constant aperture, a decently-sized sensor, and multi-aspect-ratio, and very nearly pocketable! And that would be my dream take-it-everywhere camera.

(For anyone who still doubts its feasibility: if it was possible to produce the Stylus 1, then this should be possible as well, because it's basically what you get by starting from the Stylus 1 and, step by step, taking things out, upgrading the technology, and making the lens wider and shorter. The higher price point should also allow for more advanced miniaturization.)

Hi guys ! A few ideas :

Sensor : good old Bayer matrix, 12 MPix APS-C optimized for dynamic range, with 16 bits raw output.

Form factor : corner EVF like rangefinders, but with a grip like DSLRs, housing a large battery.

Controls :

- exposure compensation from +3 to -5, with a lever underside (XT-1 style) to switch between metering modes (auto/matrix, AF-linked spot and menu-customizable weighted metering)

- shutter speed dial with a lever underside for -1/3, 0 and +1/3 EV shutter speed fine tuning (instead of using the command wheel)

- eye-controlled focus point selection (as with Canon ECF) to choose the AF frame simply by looking at it

- X100/Xpro1 style red front lever for depth of field preview, flash exposure preview on/off (for flash/ambient light balancing) and because it looks cool ^^

- instead of the on/off switch, a switch for off/single/burst, a bit like on Leica cameras

- rear thumbwheel for ISO control

- autofocus mode selector with an additional trap focus mode

Auto exposure : full-time automatic exposure to the right (ETTR), with live raw histograms and blinking clipped highlights display in the EVF

Shutter speed control : built-in image stabilization (IBIS) and shutter speed adjustment tracking user motions when in a camera-controlled shutter speed modes.

Viewfinder : EVF with 0.70-0.74x magnification (to keep it small), with a large eye relief (30mm ?), and a good eye cup

Other features :

- Radio controlled flash system for multiple off-camera flash with independant metering for each flash

- Weather sealing with ingress protection rating IP54 or more