Oh My Gosh! Just received a GREAT RUMOR! Just a Hint for now... more soon!

For some reason these two things are sticking in my head.

1) Fixed Lens Full Frame Rangefinder - which would be the big brother to the x100 series.  Would an x200 series have it's own subforum or be merged with the x100 series?  If this was to come true then I think it would warrant it's own forum.

2) Medium Format Rangefinder - The digital successor to the GW-690!  This one is way more of a long shot in my mind.  We don't have any lenses that would work on a MF sensor (as far as I know).  Again we haven't really seen anything about new lenses geared towards a sensor this size or appropriate lenses.  

+1 - I think one of these two options make the most sense given the context - thinking medium format...

Heheheee... Patrick liked my post... know what that means, guys?  :D

I was about to say X-PRO10. Same, same but different than the X-PRO1, but, of course, not a X-PRO2. And by the way, forget updates for other cameras.

But,... I think it could be something like this:

43460301.jpg

Just joking.  :D

I agree that the jump between Fuji's awesome APS-C and FF doesn't seem enough to warrant a new system - as opposed to maybe medium format.

I would guess medium format with a fixed lens (medium format x100): fuji get to develop their new sensor and check out the market response without having to come up with a whole lens system at first - only one.

Z series. In zombie green.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

If I had to guess (and definitely on my wish list too) I'd say square format (but not FF or MF) camera. Maybe even something that looks like a 6x6 Hasselblad but uses the existing crop of lenses.

Getting into pure wish-list territory would be a monochrome x-trans camera that swapped in vis for green, vis + uv for red and vis + IR for blue pixels. (or something like that.) Would allow for monochrome-like levels of light gathering as well as IR or UV (or both) photography.

I think its an APS-C DSLR for sports and event photography. It can yse existing lens so for people that need the benefits of a true DSLR camera... then can have one alongside the mirrorless ones.

That would take some doing - especially with a mirrorbox in the way.  The mirror would need to limbo under, or glide elegantly over the lens to make it work ;)

Sounds like FF to me. They are so confident in their glasses (rightly so) that they want more of the professional market I'm pretty sure.

I'd guess, if anything, medium format. But even then I'm not sure. In an interview a while back they said that they were considering medium format down the road, but weren't really interested in 35mm because they thought their APS-C sensors and glass could compete with FF in a more compact package.

The X100T hasn't been out that long, and I don't think a bridge camera would be crazy news, so my guess is they're finally wrapping up the 24MP organic sensor and are gearing up to announce the X-Pro 2.

Fuji have bypassed the X-Pro 2 and gone for an X-Pro 3 with FF sensor and a raft of new lenses designed to work with the larger sensor.

It will have an IOS rating to 512000, Electronic Shutter Speed of 1/128000 s, Triple Memory Card Slot, GPS, WiFi and a 36mp sensor.

It will all fit in a box not much bigger than a Swan Vesta Match Box and come with voice control and be rated for depths of 30 metres - meaning it is about as weatherproof as you could want.

And all this for £399 and 2000 Green Shield Stamps.

Yep - you read it here first!

APS-C should have...

...Better ISO, less noise =  ISO 6400 in the quality level of todays XT-1 ISO 800

...Better Dynamic Range = 15/16 DR

...AE Bracketing = +/- 5

The Press release of 2013 told us, with the organic sensor this should work;-)