X-Pro 2 OVF magnification. Mind blown.

Hey guys.

Just wondering if anyone else totally missed this great feature (like I did)?

(check from 0:37 and 3:50)

By moving and holding the selector lever (front side of cam) to the right for 3 seconds you actually get OVF magnification.

This video is the first one I found where it is shown and mentioned - no other review I saw mentioned it so far.

The feature is in the manual but only mentioned briefly and easy to be missed.

My mind is blown :-). Very handy when using longer lenses with OVF.

Cheers,

Mike

Old news, the XPro1 had the same feature. The magnification is also set automatically depending on the focal length: lenses with 35mm+ use the high magnification, lenses wider then 35mm the low magnification.

Hint for the 27mm pancake: The camera chooses the low magnification for this lens (on the XP1, don't know about the XP2) which results in quite small framelines. You can use the higher magnification setting manually, you'll loose the framelines but the whole window shows pretty much the same view the 27mm captures.

The magnification is also set automatically depending on the focal length: lenses with 35mm+ use the high magnification, lenses wider then 35mm the low magnification.

My X-Pro2 doesn't automatically set the magnification depending on the focal length, it keeps whatever was the last magnification I had used.

I have the XF35mmF2 and the XF23mmF1.4 so according to what you're saying it should change automatically, but it doesn't...

edit: also there's no-where in the manual that says it changes automatically.

Edited by oscillik

My X-Pro2 doesn't automatically set the magnification depending on the focal length, it keeps whatever was the last magnification I had used.

I have the XF35mmF2 and the XF23mmF1.4 so according to what you're saying it should change automatically, but it doesn't...

It should. I had the same problem but found a fix that someone posted on some other forum: hot-swap the lenses (i.e. don't turn there camera off while you change them). Don't know if it will solve your problem, but this fixed it for me.

mine changes automatically.

It should. I had the same problem but found a fix that someone posted on some other forum: hot-swap the lenses (i.e. don't turn there camera off while you change them). Don't know if it will solve your problem, but this fixed it for me.

After the latest firmware update it now changes automatically, even when powered off :D