Hello there,

A couple of days ago I received my X-H2s, feels good however I do miss the ISO command dial at the front.  Now I have to puch the ISO button than rear dial en ISO button again,. Thats 3 handlings against one. The handgrip is fine dont need to buy an extra grip for it. In combination with the 16-55 its narrow after some time you feel the F ring on your fingers. For the rest I am untill now verry satisfied, waiting for the 150-600. 

Regards

Fred 

I'm really struggling on the X-H2S - I'm not a vidoegrapher so I'm not exactly sure what I'll gain from the new camera - other than some significant improvements in autofocus (I'm terrible at this by the way).

Gonna wait for the big boy with the larger censor (and hoping its X Trans).

As for their positioning in the Market - It appears that, if there will even be such a thing, the X-T? will be a less capable camera based on their event some time back.  They are really moving forward with driving the X-H2? to the premier slot in their lineup.

I'm also 99% sure I will catch a lot of flack for that statement - but here are some things to consider:  1) Top Tier Nikon, Canon and Sony Releases are getting so expensive that they are cost prohibitive for most shooters.  2) Fuji is trying to lure those disenfranchised shooters away from the big 3 with better features, fantastic build quality and comprehensive lens list. 

I think the form factor for the X-S10 and the X-H2S are 100% aimed at those shooters.  Now before anyone calls me out - I love the way my X-T3 handles, the the X-H1 is a beast.  

I love the old school Fujifilm design language.  So much so that I want the X Pro 3 to add as well.  I have not had this much fun shooting photos in almost a decade.

On 7/9/2022 at 5:03 AM, cpX said:

This is not only the case in the UK, but globally. First and foremost, this is due to the many air traffic and some other things.

I can't imagine how many planes overhead it would take to dim sunlight...if that were the case, we wouldn't have so much global warming!

Am I right in noticing that the 7 Mode settings, C1-C7, on the top left dial are limited to s few shooting settings that do not include any way to include a film simulation in the Mode selected? And the Custom Settings section of the X-H2s menu only address these Modes, not the old Custom Settings, which could include custom film simulation settings? Bummer.

The new custom settings include most settings - both the operational shooting settings and the existing custom film simulation settings.

That is good and bad - its good because it gives you lots of custom flexibility but bad in that it doesn't let you separate operational and image quality customization.

Thanks for correcting me on this. There is obvious operator error on my part, following the user manual instead of just pushing forward through the camera menu on my own. Now that I have ignored that part of the manual, all is well. I can live with the inclusion of beginning operational settings, which are not that difficult to check and change. Not having access to image quality customization would be a disaster! Might as well shoot Nikons (with I do, for other kinds of photography).

I have bought USED 10 condition from B&H before, most recently some binoculars. They were not exactly a 10; they had a small defect in the rain shield for the eyepieces but were otherwise perfect, wrapped and packed in original box, etc. They did not have the mftr new warranty, just a warranty from B&H. That doesn't worry me, however, as I have never found better customer service after the sale than theirs. B&H would have taken the binoculars back, free shipping, but I chose to keep them, as they were a great deal with or without one tiny defect. My new X-H2s came form B&H also. And this is just my 3rd post here. Welcome, newcomer!

You don't get an instruction book with a new one either. Or a battery charger. Kind of cheesy for a top-end model, but that's one of the down sides of Fujifilm. That, over-priced accessories, and software that seldom works. Must be worth it though overall, because I love my Fuji gear more than I ever did Canon or Nikon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi FredB,

You are not the only one. I have X-T3 and X-E3. I shoot with Manual mode 95% and I assigned ISO in the front command dial so I can directly control AV, SS, and ISO. Now I can't set up my new X-H2s same way. I have to adjust my shooting style only when I use X-H2s that's so annoying. I hope Fuji will fix this big mistake in the near future with firmware update.