Which trigger support HSS mode?

Hi all.

I faced a problem and tried to find the solution in internet but failed to find the answer. So may be users of this forum can help me and other Fuji X camera users to find the solution.

The problem is: I have Fujifilm X-T1 and Godox Witstro AD 360 Ws. With standard Godox FT-16 transmitter and receiver everything works well. But HSS is not working. Godox recommends to buy special trigger Cells II. So I ordered that transmitter - Godox Cells-IIN, but it is also do not work in HSS mode (I switched Witstro to HHS mode of course).

So I would like to ask, if someone uses HSS wireless transmitter|receiver with off-camera flashes or studio strobes supporting HSS?

Could you share your experience?

update: today an idea came to my head, may be instead of one transmitter Cells II-N i should buy two and use one as transmitter attached to camera hot shoe and another one as receiver attached to flash hot shoe. 

As far as I know, and I've asked this a lot myself, there are no triggers that support HSS with the Fuji system.  There just isn't any flash system that can 100% communicate with Fuji to allow HSS.  Even off camera flash with TTL has very few possibility except for RoboSHOOT X.. look it up, only one that will support wireless TTL flash with the Fuji.. but, then again it's not HSS.

I think the only way right now to do off camera flash with HSS is with an off camera cable.. with a flash that has HSS.. Nissin i40 is the main one that comes to mind.

Keep in mind, Fuji just announced a new flash, the EF-X500, I believe, that offers HSS for Fuji X cameras.. whether it will support it wirelessly is unknown.. perhaps they may be making a matching Fuji wireless trigger system to work with this new flash and their cameras.

Also, Nissin should be making a new i60 flash.. in addition to having higher guide number, it is designed to work with Nissin's own wireless trigger system.. I believe the new flash itself supports HSS, but if it can do so wirelessly is still questionable.

Either way, in the very near future this year, I'd say keep an eye out and see how things develop with EF-X500 & Nissin i60... hopefully, either or both will have a way to offer off camera wireless HSS flash capability somehow.

Hi all.

I faced a problem and tried to find the solution in internet but failed to find the answer. So may be users of this forum can help me and other Fuji X camera users to find the solution.

The problem is: I have Fujifilm X-T1 and Godox Witstro AD 360 Ws. With standard Godox FT-16 transmitter and receiver everything works well. But HSS is not working. Godox recommends to buy special trigger Cells II. So I ordered that transmitter - Godox Cells-IIN, but it is also do not work in HSS mode (I switched Witstro to HHS mode of course).

So I would like to ask, if someone uses HSS wireless transmitter|receiver with off-camera flashes or studio strobes supporting HSS?

Could you share your experience?

update: today an idea came to my head, may be instead of one transmitter Cells II-N i should buy two and use one as transmitter attached to camera hot shoe and another one as receiver attached to flash hot shoe. 

Hi BoomeArt, I was thinking of the same solution. Kindly update me when this works!

Tnx

If you can wait a little bit, Cactus RF60 and V6 triggers are being updated to support HSS for ALL brands, including mixed brand shooting. In other words, you could use a Fuji body, one Canon flash, one Nikon flash, and with the Cactus triggers, you'll be able to use HSS.
For those unfamiliar with the Cactus system, the Cactus flashes themselves have the triggers built-in, and the trigger for your camera allows control of power down to 1/10th increments—even with flash units which don't normally support such fine control—and can make every brand of flash all work together as one consistent system; your choice whether they all fire at their own power levels, or if you bring the more powerful units down to match the power of the weakest units.

The HSS functionality will come with all new V6 triggers in the future—be aware that some shops may sell their old stock first—and existing V6 triggers and RF60 flashes will be able to have their firmware updated to use HSS, too.

The only problem is there isn't a set date for when this update is going to roll out. It's expected "soon", but nothing specific. That could be a couple of weeks, it could be a couple of months, or, for some parts of the world, it could be half a year away. We just don't know. But if you can afford to wait, and you need HSS, that's the system to look out for.

I'd also add that if you can't wait, consider buying Cactus units now anyway. They will lack HSS, but so does every other flah system with Fuji, and you can still get full use of every other benefit of the Cactus system in the meantime, then just update the firmware once HSS is available.

And do spread the word on other forums and such that HSS is coming!

(Sources: Around this time last year, Cactus staff told me, in person, that they were looking into supporting HSS, but didn't know when it would be available, if at all; today, Damien Lovegrove made a blog post about an X-Pro2 shoot, in which he says he knows HSS will be coming soon, both as new V6 trigger units and as a firmware update to existing V6 & RF60 units. Considering he's the main dealer of Cactus units in the UK, I fully trust his insight.) 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

dfallsfilm, thank you for sharing. But I can not clearly understand: did you use Cactus in Nikon mode or you switched it to Fujifilm mode?

CAMERA & FLASH SETUP:

Camera System Set to Fujifilm.

Flash System Set to Nikon.

This not the only video I made. You will see it on my yt page.

• 9 months later...