L-Bracket for X-Pro 2

• 2 weeks later...

$130 is the sort of price I was trying to avoid when I started the thread.

I had a Chinese CNC machined L-bracket plus grip for my X-T1 (and bought a similar one for my son's X-T10)

The quality of both is excellent and I have probably spent $50 (in GBP) on both of them.

Maybe now the RRS grip is out the CNC machines will be firing up! :-O

I looked around for an L-Bracket as well and have only come up with RRS.  I have purchased a lot of equipment from RRS, but I think $130 (or even 70 for just the base plate) is very expensive, considering I bought a Neewer branded one for my XT-1 from Amazon that was every bit at good as the RRS version for $25.  If something doesn't show up in the next month or so, I may bite the bullet, but that extra cash can go towards some fast SD cards

The RRS model is a two-piece device — a baseplate that can work alone and an add-on "side" plate to complete the L design. The full L-plate setup is $130. IIRC, you can get the baseplate only for $70. It seems to have been designed to not interfere with cables or access to the camera.

RRS is not cheap, but it is also very well made and reliable. Others may well disagree, but I'm OK with a higher price if the quality is top-notch.

Edited by gdanmitchell

• 2 months later...

from my conversations with RRS, I don't believe the X pro 2 L bracket will allow you to easily get into the slot for the remote.... i had this problem with my RRS L bracket for my XE1.... 

has anyone found an L bracket that allows you to easily get to the card slot, battery slot & the remote slot?

I just bought a Mengs L-Bracket on Amazon Germany and mounted it two days ago.. The additional grip is nice, the arca swiss grooves fit my tripod and I can access all doors and slots. It was a bit tight to mount, but it looks like it's doing its job...

Edited by nilspickert

from my conversations with RRS, I don't believe the X pro 2 L bracket will allow you to easily get into the slot for the remote.... i had this problem with my RRS L bracket for my XE1.... 

has anyone found an L bracket that allows you to easily get to the card slot, battery slot & the remote slot?

I can get into the side slot just fine with the RRS L-plate on. I'm not sure why RRS would tell you otherwise. It's tight, sure, but perfectly doable.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, happened to come across this discussion about the XP2 L bracket. So happened to fiddle around with an XP2 in store (Singapore) and came across this L bracket made in China. To me it is grippy and comfy being attached to an XP2. Do check it out. Its from SUNWAYFOTO.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!