New autofocus modes

nshafer

Of course it won't. How could wide AF work with a long lens, and vice versa? Most importantly, how could new AF work with old lenses?!  :wacko:

…on a serious note though, of course the new AF modes will work with all existing and future lenses  :P

Does anyone know why Fuji is recommending different lenses with the new focusing modes. Won't the new focus modes work with all the lenses.

Hi nshafer,

Welcome to the forum. Could you refer me to the statement you found from Fuji. I'd like to get some more context. Maybe it can help explain it.

Thanks.

With my previous camera being an X-Pro 1 I've used the 35mm, 60mm and the 27mm - albeit using a method of 'pre-selecting' my focus point to go with the desired shot.

Much talk is made about A/F and how this will work with the new A/F being introduced on 18/06/2015 - when applied to 'older' lenses.

It strikes me the real issue is the speed of the focusing motors fitted to the lenses - and how they repsond to the demands made by the new A/F algorithms/ System.

A new set of algorithms will not make them focus any faster than they previously could - but a faster A/F system in the camera itself will produce faster results - of the like not possible when using an X-Pro 1 :-(

If the camera A/F works like a slug - how can it make the lenses focus fast if it cannot 'detect' a focus point quickly?

This is why the likes of the Canon 1Dx and Nikon D4's (or is that D4s) are still in much demand...

Once Fuji resolve this issue of AF speed, the bigger beasts will have a limited future.