XPro2 - Formatting memory cards

I see that there's a really annoying method of formatting the cards, which is to go into the menu, go into camera settings, go into user settings, then select format, and format the cards one at a time.

The manual mentions a shortcut:

The format menu can also be displayed by pressing the center of the rear command dial while pressing and holding the icn_ff10-b_20.gif button.

I can't seem to get the shortcut to work for me, and of course we can't move Format to the My Menu, which was one of the things I was most excited about with that feature.

Is that shortcut working for everyone else and not me? There's so much customization possible with these cameras that it's entirely possible that I altered a setting that messed with it?

I'm an idiot, and was for some reason pressing the menu/okay button rather than pressing in the command dial. Probably because the manual is so ambiguous with the way it says "command dial" </sarcasm>

Anyways, thanks for the reply at least.

• 4 weeks later...

Except it doesn't tell people that they need to hold the trashcan button for around 3s before the function kicks in. Otherwise pressing trashcan and then command wheel will just bring up a live view (just as the command wheel by itself would do)

I was already cursing Fuji until I heard about the need to press the first button longer. (well, to be fair: I tend to be an early adopter and all other Fujis so far have had an issue or two that required an "extended vacation")

Edited by bernie.fjx

LOL! Manuals are pathetic, aren't they? And make no mistake, Fuji's are no worse than other brands. The only one that made a little sense was the one for the Nikon FM2. Can't wait for the R. Pfilstiger book (115 tips...) to come out but by then I'm pretty sure I'll know the nuances of the camera. Yesterday I fumbled with it for half an hour until I found how to zoom the ERF (press on the rear dial while it's showing).

While testing this out I first used the menu/OK button by accident instead of the command dial.  Pressing this button and the trash button bring up a padlock symbol... does anyone know what this means?  What are you locking or unlocking?

Most likely protecting the photo in question from being deleted.

Most likely protecting the photo in question from being deleted.

Thanks for replying.  I resorted to the manual for this and it turns out that the delete button has nothing to do with it.  pressing the OK button for a few seconds turns the control lock on and off.  Having it on prevents the accidental use of the selector buttons and the Q menu.  I'm not sure why someone would want it on but it's there if you want it.

• 1 month later...