Does the Fujifilm LC-XPro1 Leather Case fit the X-Pro2?

Hello!

I have the x100t with the Leather case LC-X100S and I love it. It's small, compact, nice, retro, etc.

I just bought the X-Pro2, and I want the same/similar solution.

Did anyone try the LC-XPro1 case on the X-Pro2 camera?

If not, does anyone know of a similar option?

Thanks,
Max

Same story here. I have a x100t and the case is perfect. I also have a xpro1 and the leather case is far from good: no access to the battery! But I got an xpro2 and here's your answer: it doesn't fit. The xpro2 is bigger. I use only the top part of the case to protect the xpro2 in my bag, as a temporary solution.

• 2 weeks later...

No, the Xpro1 case wouldn't fit the Xpro2 at all. Personally I don't quite like the design of the official Fujifilm leather case for Xpro2, not user friendly at all.

I am looking forward to other brand's design, knowing KAZA is going to launch the XPro2 case set. See how it would be. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just ordered the Kenji with matching strap. Now the hard part...waiting for it to arrive.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Aswald: I was very tempted by the half case, but I just feel like it would not protect the camera enough. I love being able to just throw my camera in the back of the car, or in a backpack and not stress about it getting scratched or broken. I guess the half case would not protect enough? Hemm. Maybe it would? Maybe I'm being too careful? OMG YOU ARE MAKING ME RECONSIDER EVERYTHING!!! :)

I purchased the leather X-Pro 2 case from Amazon by ?Hwota.  You can purchase the 1/2 case or the full.  I purchased the full.  It seems very well made.  I was a little disappointed in that the complete case will not cover the 18-135 or the 10-24-but my fault for not measuring-can't criticize when it is user error.  It does work perfectly with the 35 F2.  I think the 1/2 case looks more functional than the Fuji one-it allows access to the card slots, the battery, etc, and is very nicely made.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased the leather X-Pro 2 case from Amazon by ?Hwota.  You can purchase the 1/2 case or the full.  I purchased the full.  It seems very well made.  I was a little disappointed in that the complete case will not cover the 18-135 or the 10-24-but my fault for not measuring-can't criticize when it is user error.  It does work perfectly with the 35 F2.  I think the 1/2 case looks more functional than the Fuji one-it allows access to the card slots, the battery, etc, and is very nicely made.

Hi laddsmith,

do you have a link for that case? I couldn't find it.

I've been looking and looking for a case for my X-Pro2, so far without any success. I'm like harpax, I like to just throw the camera on my backpack, or even have it over my shoulder but with some protection against bumps/rain.

Aswald: I was very tempted by the half case, but I just feel like it would not protect the camera enough. I love being able to just throw my camera in the back of the car, or in a backpack and not stress about it getting scratched or broken. I guess the half case would not protect enough? Hemm. Maybe it would? Maybe I'm being too careful? OMG YOU ARE MAKING ME RECONSIDER EVERYTHING!!! :)

Haha....it does look like the Kenji ones would better protect the rear of the camera. I'd say it's a good decision.

My experience with Fujifilm's original leather is that it's fine leather and the coating isn't quite as durable. Very often it would get nicked and scratched from my fingernails alone.

• 3 years later...

Hey all, old topic I know, but does anyone know if it would work the other way round? If an X Pro 2 case will fit an X Pro 1?

I've had a used 1 model come my way and am looking for a case for it, can't seem to find anything but the official Fuji X Pro 1 half case without the battery flap available anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

The XP2 is ever so slightly bigger in every dimension so the answer is probably, but it might be a little loose, especially around the grip area.

Bear in mind the tripod sockets are in different places (offset on the 1, properly centred on the 2) so don't buy one of the many third party cases that attach via the tripod mount.  The official Fuji case or ones like it which go over the strap eyelets should be ok.

Edited by Threaded