X-Pro2 initial bug report

No issues so far except unreliable wifi connectivity. Connection to a phone was easy but it is still struggling to get it to connect to the network at home for the PC Autosave connection. It starts the process to search for networks but just either locks or spends more time than I had patience for to wait. Same issue if the SSID is manually entered.

No overheating, no resets and no black frames.

Re the overheating message when using a PocketWizard Flex TT5 - I saw that last night (though it seems to be fine this morning) - and I put it down to confusing communications on the hotshoe; incompatibilities between Canon protocols and Fuji ones.

That may or may not have been the issue, but I did work around it:

http://statusq.org/archives/2016/03/20/7463/

and this system seems to work nicely for me.

Quentin

I'm also experiencing false battery life indicators.  For the longest time I will be under the impression that my expected battery life is good.  However, the reality of the situation becomes apparent when all of a sudden the light turns red and BAM!!! :angry:​ no more power!!!   :( :(  :blink:

Over two weeks with the camera right now and no more settings issues.  Only issue is it locks up on WiFi to the Instax SP1.  Unable to turn off the camera and must remove the battery.  Wondering how many are experiencing the issue?  Debating sending it back.

I'm getting the "Turn off/on issue" - have it with all lenses (50-140, 35 1.4, 56mm) -- :( took the camera last week. It will be really ugly if this is a hardware bug - comming from Nikon D750 and don't want to see Fuji fuck it like Nikon. It also overheats and battery is dying suddenly.

Edited by mralien

I have been having this exact same issue since I got mine on Monday. It has happened with the 23, 35, and 90mm. Just a few times with the 23 and 35. But on the 90, it's happened about 15-20 times already. The 16, 56, and 50-230 have all been fine so far. Also, this only appears to happen in mechanical shutter mode. I have not be able to replicate the error in ES mode. I have always witness the same thing with the shutter prior to the error occurring. Seems to almost get semi-stuck. I have only seen the partially black LCD immediately following the shutter issue twice. The rest of the time, it has completely blacked out then come back on with the error message telling me to turn off and back on again.

I've already been in contact with Fuji New Jersey and they indicated that they haven't received any reports of this issue yet as the camera is barely starting to get into people's hands. They also indicated that without getting the body in their service center, they have no way of knowing what is wrong and as such, won't be able to give us any insight over the phone. I plan on having mine sent in next Monday or Tuesday. I'll be using it through the weekend primarily in ES. Otherwise, loving the output and feel of the cam so far. It is absolutely amazing.

Have you reported and/or received any feedback on this issue?

Have you reported and/or received any feedback on this issue?

Called Fuji NJ and spoke with one of the Steves last week and was told it is almost certainly going to be an issue with the mount assembly which also includes the housing for the sensor and CPU. He also indicated that it would be the first they have heard of the issue. I sent it in early last week and it was supposed to arrive there last Thursday. Due to an error in sorting with UPS though, it will be delayed until tomorrow so won't be getting anything definitive until after they take a look at it.

Before I jumped to Fuji I shot full time with Nikon.  Over 5yrs I had 3 of their full frame bodies fail on me, all not long after warranty.  D700 had an electrical fail 30min into a wedding and it was dead.  Used my 2nd body and all was OK for that client.  Then my D3s got an ERR code and locked up (at more than 1 wedding).  TWO trips to Nikon and $900 later ... still had the problem!!  Then my D610 curtain jammed (1hr into another wedding).  Used my Fuji for that entire wedding as at that time my kit was 1/2 Nikon and 1/2 Fuji.  Over 5yrs, and close to $2000 in repairs, I then said enough is enough.  

In all cases the camera bodies showed no signs of abuse (because they were my primary tools for my business I took good care of them).  And in all cases the actuations on each camera were not over 70k.

What's my point? .... it happens everywhere.

I took the camera out again today to make sure.  I'm still in my cancellation window on the Df.  My lenses have buyers which are local so I can back out.  I am going to think about it overnight.  It is a really nice camera but this is what I would call not acceptable given the problems I have had with the original X100 and XT1.  If I hadn't had to send my X100T in for repair two months after the warranty expired I probably would have not been as adamant.  

Edited by Adam Woodhouse

I got the black frame issue yesterday.  I was going through my images and 2 of the 100 or so photos I took were black frames.  I was photographing groups of kids so I would pan from one group to another and take shots at an easter egg hunt event.  The camera in on it's way back for a refund.  Way too buggy.  Not sure firmware will fix that and no chancing it as my 30 day return policy is coming near.

My X-Pro2 will only recognize the Fuji manufactured Leica M Adapter and works fine with it.  However, I cannot use my other manual lenses on different adapters as the shutter won't fire. Has anybody in this forum experienced the same problem?

The "Shoot without lens" is default OFF. Turning it on solves this problem.

;-D Hans

I have two SD cards loaded in default (sequential configuration) for RAW+fine.

In practice I only use slot-1.

I remove only slot-1 to download images to my computer.

When inserting slot-1 and reformatting, the camera sometimes switches to slot-2. Naturally it seems intermittent. I'm working on a standard sequence to see if I'm somehow triggering this change.

I can reset this to slot-1 only if I power off camera, remove slot-2, turn on camera and then turn off camera reinsert slot-2 and continue.

Too late to add a bug? 

Random dramatic under exposure of shots in Multi metering mode, in aperture priority

Link to the thread I made about it:

http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/2559-dramatic-under-exposure-randomly-with-xpro2/?do=findComment&comment=23724

I've seen the thread; is it confirmed that the issue is not related to Auto DR settings? If so, it is not specific to the X-Pro2. Please check it out and I'll update the OP if needed.

I've seen the thread; is it confirmed that the issue is not related to Auto DR settings? If so, it is not specific to the X-Pro2. Please check it out and I'll update the OP if needed.

I have no confirmation as to what is the cause at all. It may be the Auto DR issue. I will try to do some testing today to find out.

I have no confirmation as to what is the cause at all. It may be the Auto DR issue. I will try to do some testing today to find out.

When manually setting DR to 400% and 200%, the results match the 100% DR image in lightroom CC. I can not seem to replicate the issue.

If someone else can think of a testing method, I'd happily try things to see if we can't narrow it down.

A bit late but I have had:
1 reset on the 2nd day but has been fine since
freezing issue every time I connect directly to instax printer (I just installed the new firmware and it didn't solve this, obviously they were just focused on the reset issue)
intermittent freezing issues when using wifi (and from memory once during a completely unrelated action)

loving the camera still!
https://www.instagram.com/fujifilmxpro2/

My replacement X Pro2 from B&H gave me the Turn On/Turn Off error message after 10 shots.  It's boxed back up and going back.  I ordered a Df at the same time to see which one I preferred.  Fortunately I won't have to pay a restocking fee on the X Pro2.  I prefer the X Pro, but it isn't much good if the camera doesn't work.  Looks like I will be keeping the Df.  I still can't understand why Nikon didn't provide a split prism focusing screen.  I have a third party one I am taking to Precision Camera in Austin to have installed.

Wish everyone the best of luck with their X Pro2.  It's a really nice camera but two faulty bodies in a row is enough for me.  I had the sticky aperture blades with my original X100, light leaks with my XT1, my X100T is still in NJ getting a broken viewfinder fixed.  I guess I just have bad luck with Fuji products.

BTW-  That Sigma 35mm F1.4 is a really great lens.  I used it on the Df today and am really impressed.  I had used Sigma lenses in the past with mixed results but this one is definitely a cut above what they usually produce.