X-Pro2 initial bug report

Just a thought/suggestion: since the X-Pro2 is in the hands of several members by now, I think it would be a good idea to gather all the different reports about issues with the camera in one thread.

It would also be a good idea to make it a poll-type thread, something I don't seem to be able to do, otherwise I would already tried to collect existing reports from this sub-forum.

What do you think?

Bug report list  (BR# = bug report rating)

1. "Turn off the camera and turn it back on" message BR5  : reportedly a hardware issue
  2. Slow writing to SD cards BR3 : several reports
  3. Camera freezes when connecting to Instax printer BR3
  4. Overheating under various situations BR3
  5. Internal temperature warning while using Canon compatible triggers and flashes BR3
  6. Wobbly shutter button BR2
  7. Camera unexpectably freezing under random conditions BR1
  8. Erroneous "no card inserted" issue BR1
  9. Black frame between shots BR1 : in single shot mode
  10. Wi-Fi lock-up BR1

Solved with firmware update 1.01

1. Reset settings issue : Camera resets settings under random circumstances.
Edited by EyesUnclouded

Fuji X Pro-2 Internal Temperature Warning!

UPDATE: I am convinced the issues lies with the hot shoe contact that is to provide power to the flash, much like the XT-1 does. I have ordered a generic single post hot shoe adapter to test this theory. I will provide an update when I can test throughly.

I used my X Pro2 Sunday for an engagement session. Put the Pocket Wizard MiniTT1 (Canon) on and set to basic trigger mode. Got a few shots in and the I started getting a white screen that have me a "internal temperature warning" telling me to turn the camera off to allow it to cool.

This happened 3 times. Changed the flash trigger from the MiniTT1 to the Pocket Wizard PlusX and zero issue. The MiniTT1 works great with my Pentax 645z, Fuji X-T1 and XE-2. The lens I was using was the Fuji 50-140 2.8. The battery was the OEM batter supplied with the X Pro-2.

Speaking of battery. The battery drain is fast with the new X Pro-2. I lost 1/4 of the battery writhing the first 15 minuets of shooting. I have found that my after market battery lasts longer in the X-Pro2.

Write speed slow. I know the pixel count went from 16 to 24, but is anyone else experience slow write speeds? I used Delkin 633x cards and it was super slow. I bought Lexar 1000x and it seemed to fix the issue. Sounds like a good firmware update can fix a lot of this stuff.

Edited by Photoguy49

As posted in another thread.

I have experienced 5-6 times " turn off the camera and turn it back on" message since last Friday. Before this message, it feels like the shutter stuck somehow. The lens is 18-55. Not sure if it's the camera or the lens. Still testing, might need to send for repair.

Thanks guys, keep reporting in this thread, and, what I'm thinking is to edit the initial post and include all reports there.

Actually, it could be a good idea to mark each bug report with a "confirmation" type ranking (such as the one used for rumors), since some seem to occur much more often and predictably than others. For example:

- I have seen only one report for the camera failing to write to the SD card correctly (black frames). Quite possibly a card issue and not mentioned anywhere else. Thus #0 or #1 ranking

- The "reset" problem: reported by several users and repeatable. In fact, I just had official confirmation today that Fuji is working to solve it. The information I was given was that it occurs in certain batches and is easily solvable by firmware update. This gets #5 ranking.

When trying to connect to my Instax printer, the camera freezes every time. I have to remove the battery to get it going again. 

I'm having the same issue.  The camera totally freezes when trying to connect directly to the Instax printer.  Regardless of what I do, I cannot break it free.  The only solution thus far is to disconnect the battery:(  

1. Reset settings issue: Yep, had that at least once myself. Though I'd accidently hit the reset option until I read other having similar issues. Not been a problem after first day.

2. Very slow writing to SD cards other than UHS-II. Used Sandisk Extreme 45 Mb/s and 90 Mb/s cards that work perfectly in my X-E2 and X-T1 and yet the X-Pro2 acts like treacle. But stick a 280Mb/s UHS-II card in and its like machine gun. Something not right about how it treats non UHS-II cards.

Lens Pre-AF on 90mm not switching off and hence using battery power. The 90mm does not have lens stabilization so the only thing that could cause this lens to have little motor sounds is if the AF is still working EVEN when the camera is set to have Pre-AF off and power usage to normal. Something not right here also.

Wobbly shutter button - not a massive issue for me personally but I've heard others complain. I can confirm that mine is noticeably more wobbly than that of my X-E2 so there is substance to what others are saying but for me this is a minor niggle.

My X-Pro2 will only recognize the Fuji manufactured Leica M Adapter and works fine with it.  However, I cannot use my other manual lenses on different adapters as the shutter won't fire. Has anybody in this forum experienced the same problem?

Edited by xenotar

My camera shows me "turn off the camera and turn back on" message for 5 - 6 time. When it happened, it feels like the shutter curtain cannot be closed completely. Most of the LCD is black and a narrow area on the top have lights ( not focused ). I am using a 18-55 lens bought on last Friday too. Not sure if it's a cements issue or lens issue.

My camera shows me "turn off the camera and turn back on" message for 5 - 6 time. When it happened, it feels like the shutter curtain cannot be closed completely. Most of the LCD is black and a narrow area on the top have lights ( not focused ). I am using a 18-55 lens bought on last Friday too. Not sure if it's a cements issue or lens issue.

I have been having this exact same issue since I got mine on Monday. It has happened with the 23, 35, and 90mm. Just a few times with the 23 and 35. But on the 90, it's happened about 15-20 times already. The 16, 56, and 50-230 have all been fine so far. Also, this only appears to happen in mechanical shutter mode. I have not be able to replicate the error in ES mode. I have always witness the same thing with the shutter prior to the error occurring. Seems to almost get semi-stuck. I have only seen the partially black LCD immediately following the shutter issue twice. The rest of the time, it has completely blacked out then come back on with the error message telling me to turn off and back on again.

I've already been in contact with Fuji New Jersey and they indicated that they haven't received any reports of this issue yet as the camera is barely starting to get into people's hands. They also indicated that without getting the body in their service center, they have no way of knowing what is wrong and as such, won't be able to give us any insight over the phone. I plan on having mine sent in next Monday or Tuesday. I'll be using it through the weekend primarily in ES. Otherwise, loving the output and feel of the cam so far. It is absolutely amazing.

My X-Pro2 will only recognize the Fuji manufactured Leica M Adapter and works fine with it.  However, I cannot use my other manual lenses on different adapters as the shutter won't fire. Has anybody in this forum experienced the same problem?

Use "Shoot without lens" - page 112 in the english manual.

I have been having this exact same issue since I got mine on Monday. It has happened with the 23, 35, and 90mm. Just a few times with the 23 and 35. But on the 90, it's happened about 15-20 times already. The 16, 56, and 50-230 have all been fine so far. Also, this only appears to happen in mechanical shutter mode. I have not be able to replicate the error in ES mode. I have always witness the same thing with the shutter prior to the error occurring. Seems to almost get semi-stuck. I have only seen the partially black LCD immediately following the shutter issue twice. The rest of the time, it has completely blacked out then come back on with the error message telling me to turn off and back on again.

I've already been in contact with Fuji New Jersey and they indicated that they haven't received any reports of this issue yet as the camera is barely starting to get into people's hands. They also indicated that without getting the body in their service center, they have no way of knowing what is wrong and as such, won't be able to give us any insight over the phone. I plan on having mine sent in next Monday or Tuesday. I'll be using it through the weekend primarily in ES. Otherwise, loving the output and feel of the cam so far. It is absolutely amazing.

Hi John,

How did you go with the weekend testing?

I took the pro out this afternoon for a casual shot. The problem only got worse. The issue happened like around 10 times this afternoon. I got a faster card on Friday. So it's not the card's issue. I also borrowed my friend's 23mm to test, the issue still happened. So it's not the lens issue either. For me, it feels definitely a defect with the camera. And I have only seen us reporting this issue, seems to be a minority..

I plan to take the camera to the retail shop tomorrow to see if they can do an exchange, otherwise I will send to Fuji for check or return.

fingers cross.. other than this annoying issue, camera is brilliant.

Danny

Had initial problems with one reset, have not experienced this since.

No problems with overheating.

Had initial problems with printing to Instax this now appears to be working fine.

After pairing I had the same problem with the camera locking up.

Switched the camera off and after a few seconds it did shut down.

I then tried restarting the printer and camera.

This time it did connect but I was informed that the image could not be transmitted.

Realised that I was looking at Slot 1 containing my Raw images.

Changed to Slot 2 containing the jpegs and printing worked as normal.

I don't know if the initial lock up was anything to do with the Slot 1 (Raw) images being selected when I initially tried to print.

Pete

• Have had multiple settings reset issues early on (had the camera a week now), not since.  These include shutter sound and AF confirm beep turning back on as well as RAW reverting back to JPEG... What I consider annoying.
  • WiFi (to Instax SP1 or iOS or Android) locks the camera up every time.  A power off does nothing, the battery must be removed (often results in some settings reverting to default).  I've given up on getting this to work.
  • Initially the format shortcut (trash command + rear command dial in playback mode) was not working.  I manually issued a camera reset and got that working again.
  • 35mm F1.4 was not hitting focus with OVF, even though corrected frame was on.  However, I issued another forced camera settings reset and went through the settings again and that appears to be working again.  I've only experienced that with the 35 F1.4.

Still feeling the camera out and not using it as extensively as I would have liked.  Right now have a love/hate relationship with it and trying to remain patient.  The good news is I am getting familiar with the menu system.