Fujifilm X-T30 II for video making - monitoring, remote control

Hey...

I own XT-10 and want to upgrade to Fujifilm X-T30 II...

I will be using it mainly for video recording, and I will do it by myself... I mean, I am a musician and I will make videos of me, mainly music videos, playing guitar... I want to know, if I can watch the screeen on a TV or on my Macbook while recording, if the camera is few meters away? Any way also for remote control of camera? I would be happy to have control over focus, and start and end button... Focus remote control would be impossible, I suppose? Video length limit would be 30 minutes?

Thanx...

All of these things are possible.

https://fujifilm-dsc.com/en-int/manual/x-t30-2/connections/hdmi_output/

You can use the HDMI output to monitor what you are seeing or to store the footage, etc., etc. This can get very involved, so you may want to ask over in the video forums how they do that. If you are intending to just record to the SD card, make sure it is on Fujifilm’s approved list so that there are no glitches.

You can use the Cam Remote app on a smart phone (iPhone or Android) or iPad as wireless remote control — this gives you start/stop as well as shutter speed f-stop, ISO,  control. I am a little hesitant to recommend this route for long day usage as it has to turn on the wifi and bluetooth chips in the camera to operate, which causes heat. How much of a problem this would be for you I do not know. Possibly folks in the video forums can help you or recommend a HDMI recorder that offers working start/stop capabilites.

• 1 month later...