XF90 899€ at AmazonDE

Tom

• 1 month later...

Amazon.de sold its first 3 copies in about 3-4 hours yesterday morning ... got mine today from a local dealer via online order ... very impressed !

First indoor tests are amazing, no stabilization needed ... of course no surprise, I'm experienced on Nikon 135 f/2 D ... ;-)

Now portrait shooters and dads got what they need ...

got mine today from a local dealer via online order ... very impressed !

Do you happen to hear (and feel) something moving inside the lens when you turn it upside down? And perhaps a faint noise coming from within the lens when it's attached to the camera and you slowly point it up and down?

I used one at the X evolution tour and when it was detached from the camera and pointed upwards or downwards something moved inside

They told me it was a preproduction copy, but probably it was the autofocus mechanism.

Do you happen to hear (and feel) something moving inside the lens when you turn it upside down? And perhaps a faint noise coming from within the lens when it's attached to the camera and you slowly point it up and down?

I wrote already about my opinion in another post - so here's the link ... ;-)

http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/681-xf-90mm-now-shipping-at-bhphoto-“sharper-than-japanese-steel-…-it-will-leave-the-most-pedantic-pixel-peepers-speechless”-review-at-bokeh-monster/

I had been searching for similar experiences but somehow missed this thread. Thanks for confirming that this behavior is apparently by design.

I had been searching for similar experiences but somehow missed this thread. Thanks for confirming that this behavior is apparently by design.

Your welcome ;-)

I'm no Fuji expert, but Fuji X fanboy from the 1st day on ... up to now Fuji never let me down with many different lenses and cameras ... I would wish that I could say that about Nikon also the last 4 years ...

Have concerns over expected lifetime of this lens due to focusing elements moving freely inside lens barrel unless lens is mounted on camera and powered on. This turns otherwise optically brilliant lens into expensive baby rattle toy inside your camerabag. Any thoughts if some kind of lens group "parking" (on par with head parking inside HDD) can be done via firmware update later on?