Dust & On-Body Microphone Openings…

Canuck57

It seems that a lot of people cover over the on-body microphones with some kind of tape to prevent dust from entering the body.

Is there a real issue with dust entering the camera body through the on-body microphone openings (holes)?
…I’m not talking about the external microphone connection port. 

I would have expected (hoped) that the manufacturer thought of this when the camera was designed / engineered and added adequate protection.
Is this really an issue or is it just a lot of paranoia?

Thoughts? 

• 2 months later...

I don't know for sure but I would say it is paranoia. Certainly with the weather resistant cameras it couldn't be a problem could it? Your phone is probably sealed against moisture and can be immersed. They generally meet the IP68 standard. There is obviously no problem with their mic and speaker ports and I would imagine that the same port engineering would be used on the XT etc cameras.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't know for sure but I would say it is paranoia. Certainly with the weather resistant cameras it couldn't be a problem could it? Your phone is probably sealed against moisture and can be immersed. They generally meet the IP68 standard. There is obviously no problem with their mic and speaker ports and I would imagine that the same port engineering would be used on the XT etc cameras.

https://www.routerlogin.net/

pikashow