XT-1 Rear Display Failure

First post -- thanks for reading.

Anyone else running into this problem.  After about 30 minutes of shooting, my rear lcd stops working. Viewfinder is fine, but display is dead. If I go into the menu and reset "setup functions" it comes right back. It seems to be tied to the optical sensor. I trip the optical sensor, and then I can't get the rear display back.

Fuji advice was "glitch, continue to reset as needed."  Not encouraging.

Fuji service told you this?  This would not be acceptable to me. Reset would lose all your custom settings. I would ask for supervisor and not take no for an answer until they fix it or replace your camera.  Keep knocking on different doors (take good records, names and dates) or ask who the head of the service department is and send a certified letter to that person if you are prepared to wait.

People hate paper trails.  As much as they just want for you to go away along with your problem, they hate having a paper trail hanging over their head with their name attached to it even more. 

btw, I'm hoping that you may not have to do a reset in SW until this problem is resolved.  Pop the battery out, turn on the camera to drain the capacitors.   Then replace battery.  If its a HW glitch, this would effectively cause the reset signal to be sent to all HW components when power is returned. Turning camera on and off with battery installed may not be sending the HW reset signal and may be keeping some of the system in low power sleep mode to help it come back "on" faster.    

The fact that it came back from an unrelated issue, frankly makes me worry even more.  They may have mishandled the circuit board.

Many HW glitches are power related.  Try to see if High Performance mode (no Power Management)  or a different battery makes any difference.  I'm curious if that will fix it without raising to much hell over there.   Might be worth a try.

I'd still make them look at it again, especially if the problem started after they touched it during the last service.

First post -- thanks for reading.

Anyone else running into this problem.  After about 30 minutes of shooting, my rear lcd stops working. Viewfinder is fine, but display is dead. If I go into the menu and reset "setup functions" it comes right back. It seems to be tied to the optical sensor. I trip the optical sensor, and then I can't get the rear display back.

Oh my.  That sounds like a response I have received, and expected from Nikon in Melville NY!!!  I would call Fuji again.  I'm not sure where you are located but the Fujifilm USA service center in Edison NJ is absolutely fantastic!  I've been dealing with them since my original Fuji S1Pro circa 2004.  Give them a try and see what they have to say.  Their contact phone is:  732.738.1342

Good Luck!

J

Guest fujirama

Thanks everyone. I assume its a service issue for sure. Its a working body, and (luckily) been so busy I haven't had time to send it out. Will follow up with what I learn. 

• 1 year later...