X-Pro2 Screen Protector

vince

Does anyone know of a screen protector sized properly for the X-Pro2? I pre-ordered and would like to have screen protection when it arrives.

I saw a few on Amazon with no ratings. They are brands I'm not familiar with, so I don't trust them. I have one made by Expert Shield on my X100S that is great.

Alternatively, do any of the other Fuji cameras with 3" screens have the same dimensions as the X-Pro2 screen? That would let us use the same screen protector.

I already checked that the X-Pro1 screen dimensions are different from the X-Pro2. Even though they both have 3" diagonals, the X-Pro2 has a slightly wider aspect ratio. I did this unscientifically. Just found an image of the X-Pro1 and X-Pro2 side by side and dragged a rectangle across the screen perimeters for comparison. 

The X-T1 also has a 3" screen, but it's designed differently due to the tilting action. I wonder if they have the same dimensions.

Also checked the specifications in the manuals, but they only provide the diagonal dimension. No data on height and width.

I know it's early but perhaps someone has information on this. I'm sure you folks who pre-ordered an X-Pro2 will want this soon. They started shipping!

-Vincent

Please do not mind my post... Got confused with 2 release dates...

Anyway, it will be rather hard to find someone with an X-Pro2 that uses screen protector, not many use that for cameras. I guess the best thing is to give it a try and report back ?

Edited by darknj

You're welcome.

I don't know if you are familiar with applying screen protectors. But if not, this is what you'll need.

- a bathroom

- a microfiber cloth

- lens cleaning fluid

- a pair Nitril gloves to prevent finger prints

- an anti-slip-mat (I use one designed for keeping a phone on the cars dashboard) to keep the camera fix in place

- good illumination to see what you're doing

- some Tesafilm (clear)

- and finally a lot of patience!

Go into your bathroom. Close any window or door. Turn up the "hot" water in the shower until there is some fog in the room. Turn it off and wait 5 minutes. Attach the anti-slip-mat onto an even surface. Place the camera with the body-cap on (remove the lens) on the mat. Put on the gloves. Put some lens cleaning fluid on the microfiber cloth and wipe the screen completely clean. There mustn't any dust particle be visible on the screen. Slowly remove the protection film from the glas screen protector while holding it on the edges. Then - and this is very important - match one short edge of the protector "exactly" with the border of the screen. There is almost no tolerance! Release the protector and wait while it adheres to the screen. If the protector becomes completely invisible, your done. If not - like in my case - you need to lift it up carefully with a strip of Tesafilm. (I use Tesafilm, because it leaves no residues) Correct the position and try again.

Good luck!

Atrus

You're welcome.

I don't know if you are familiar with applying screen protectors. But if not, this is what you'll need.

- a bathroom

- a microfiber cloth

- lens cleaning fluid

- a pair Nitril gloves to prevent finger prints

- an anti-slip-mat (I use one designed for keeping a phone on the cars dashboard) to keep the camera fix in place

- good illumination to see what you're doing

- some Tesafilm (clear)

- and finally a lot of patience!

Go into your bathroom. Close any window or door. Turn up the "hot" water in the shower until there is some fog in the room. Turn it off and wait 5 minutes. Attach the anti-slip-mat onto an even surface. Place the camera with the body-cap on (remove the lens) on the mat. Put on the gloves. Put some lens cleaning fluid on the microfiber cloth and wipe the screen completely clean. There mustn't any dust particle be visible on the screen. Slowly remove the protection film from the glas screen protector while holding it on the edges. Then - and this is very important - match one short edge of the protector "exactly" with the border of the screen. There is almost no tolerance! Release the protector and wait while it adheres to the screen. If the protector becomes completely invisible, your done. If not - like in my case - you need to lift it up carefully with a strip of Tesafilm. (I use Tesafilm, because it leaves no residues) Correct the position and try again.

Good luck!

Atrus

My god you're fitting a screen protector not doing surgery !

Ive just fitted the 650d protector to my XP2

quick wipe and on it went 

no bubbles or dirt 

very easy :)

I can confirm that the Brotect screen protector for the X-Pro2 fits perfect and looks great. In fact, its dimensions match up exactly with X-Pro2 LCD screen, so you need to line up the corners exactly. It is invisible after installation. Thanks Atrus for the initial suggestion. 

Some comments here suggested the screen protector for the Canon 650D would work also due to similar screen dimensions. I decided against this route because the corners of the Canon 650D screen are more rounded, whereas the X-Pro2 screen has sharper (nearly non-rounded) corners. 

In conclusion, the Brotect screen protector gets a thumbs up from me. Invisible after installation. Just be careful not to get any dust under it during application.

Does anyone know of a screen protector sized properly for the X-Pro2? I pre-ordered and would like to have screen protection when it arrives.

I saw a few on Amazon with no ratings. They are brands I'm not familiar with, so I don't trust them. I have one made by Expert Shield on my X100S that is great.

Alternatively, do any of the other Fuji cameras with 3" screens have the same dimensions as the X-Pro2 screen? That would let us use the same screen protector.

I already checked that the X-Pro1 screen dimensions are different from the X-Pro2. Even though they both have 3" diagonals, the X-Pro2 has a slightly wider aspect ratio. I did this unscientifically. Just found an image of the X-Pro1 and X-Pro2 side by side and dragged a rectangle across the screen perimeters for comparison. 

The X-T1 also has a 3" screen, but it's designed differently due to the tilting action. I wonder if they have the same dimensions.

Also checked the specifications in the manuals, but they only provide the diagonal dimension. No data on height and width.

I know it's early but perhaps someone has information on this. I'm sure you folks who pre-ordered an X-Pro2 will want this soon. They started shipping!

-Vincent

I ordered one way back as soon as the X-pro2 was announced in January 2016.. maybe even just before that?.. anyways, it was through Amazon and it was from Expert Shield.

I've had Expert Shield for all my cameras and they're decent price and work very well. overall, they seem to hold up to scratches very well, though, over time you will start to see some dimpling or marks, depending on how you treat and carry your camera... but, at least it's on the shield and not on the screen.. easy to install and replace if needs be. In general, my experience has been they are very precisely cut and work as they should, do you need more than that? And, they come in both glossy and matte for anti-glare.. personally, I don't find anti-glare screen protectors that good.. they tend to make your images very flat looking and consequently, your oily nose and/or fingers will be more visible on the anti-glare than on the typically glossy finish.. that's what I think.

FYI, when I finally received my x-pro2 to apply the expert shield screen protector on, it did not fit!?!  one end was like 2mm longer than it should be.. what a shock as I've never had an issue with Expert Shield.  I guess they did not have a chance to accurately measure the x-pro2 rear screen and confirm it before cutting and sending to me?.. I don't know.. but, I contacted Expert Shield immediately and explained the situation.

Expert Shield was very quick to respond, apologized, and sent me out a replacement with the correct cut immediately.. I received the replacement within a week.  This time it was cut super precise.. I mean there's practically no gap from the edge of the screen protector to the edge(s) of the screen itself.. with that in mind, you do need to be precise in your application as any side that is too close to the edge of the screen may just tough enough of the surrounding screen border and cause it to lift and not lay completely flat along the edge, thus causing an air bubble or gap because it's too tight against the screen frame/border.. if you lay it precisely in the right spot, it will lay completely flat and look really good, you won't be able to tell you even have a screen protector.

hope this helps.

I wasn't too much of a fan of the Expert Shield. It's hard to put on without getting dust bubbles, and if you screw up it's all over. This, however, was amazing:

ITG Impossible Tempered Glass for Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UVAISJ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_24e7wb8APXTJS

It's actually made of glass, is easy to apply, and can be re-applied if you mess it up. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it for X-Pro2 yet, but I'm patiently waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased a couple of these for the X-Pro2. Easy to fit, perfect size & no air bubbles:

http://www.amazon.de/AirGlass-Flexible-Glasfolie-FujiFilm-Schutzfolie/dp/B01BCHL2B0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

They also make one for the X70, also very easy to fit, perfect match for the screen & no effect on using the touch screen:

http://www.amazon.de/AirGlass-Flexible-Glasfolie-FujiFilm-Schutzfolie/dp/B01BCHLV7A?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Edited by Mike K

• 2 months later...