Problem with my X Pro2.

I had the reset problem only once. I had a few dance/music events last week but I notched my X-PRO2 has a serious heat problem in high performance mode/raw. It gets so hot my hands get sweat even my face gets hot because I shoot most of the time with my left eye. Please Fuji optimise the firmware so it doesn't get this ridiculous hot! It also makes my batteries die fast when it gets this hot.

I had the reset problem only once. I had a few dance/music events last week but I notched my X-PRO2 has a serious heat problem in high performance mode/raw. It gets so hot my hands get sweat even my face gets hot because I shoot most of the time with my left eye. Please Fuji optimise the firmware so it doesn't get this ridiculous hot! It also makes my batteries die fast when it gets this hot.

Yes, my hands were sweating as well and the camera got slippery. :( I hope the firmware will optimize it! 

<rant>

I haven't pushed mine too hard yet, as I'm still having fun with the Acros+jpeg.  I'm starting to wonder though, if these bugs were what caused Fuji to push the release date of the body.  This heat issue concerns me more than the reset, but IMO this is inexcusable for a Fujifilm body that's supposedly been thoroughly tested prior to release.  I get that they're better than average with fw updates, but they shouldn't get lazy, and say "no worries, we'll send out an update!"  

</rant>

I'm betting the bugs are a result of what delayed the release date...

I doubt very seriously they were aware of this.  This would've been one of the first things the Fuji Pros told them about.  Can't shoot a wedding if your settings keep resetting on you.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time a manufacturer went ahead with a release, knowingly with some bugs.  In Fuji's case there was a delay, then a quick "all things clear." which is odd to me.  In their defense (if this is true) you can't push a late-notice bug update to thousands of already boxed and shipped or waiting to ship bodies.  Looks like I'll be shooting some RAW this weekend just to see.

Edited by Ammut

• 3 months later...

2 Weeks with the Xpro 2 which helps to make some beautiful images. However:

Even with new firmware I can count on it resetting at least once per day.

The EVF behaves inconsistently in terms of color and brightness even disabling the auto feature.

Until 2 days ago, Lightroom could "see" files on the sd cards in the camera and import them. Then it

just stopped working. I was able to repeat it in LR on my laptop too.

This morning and while using the camera for work, I kept getting card read errors though it had been
happy with the same cards for the first 8 days.
I like to look at my image for 1.5 seconds when I'm done with a long exposure. Sometimes it will display that
long as the menu indicates it should and sometimes it decides it doesn't like the picture and displays it for
a split second.

I am not a whiner. I have had Fuji starting with the X100 and I have never had so many things go flakey. 

I will take it to Edison to see what they can do but I am beginning to feel like I can't trust the camera to work
when I need it too.