Problem with my X Pro2.

I received my X-Pro2 yesterday and encountered the "custom settings reset" issue as well.

I've tried the fully charged battery / 24hour waiting period and it still loses my custom settings.

Probably a Firmware fix will be required.

Other than that I'm very pleased, an amazing piece of kit which brings out the best in the Fuji lenses. I'm blown away by image quality

with all my lenses, especially the 100-400mm.

I purchased an X70 as well, which also arrived yesterday, what  a great little camera for everyday / everywhere use.

Edited by Mike K

only 2 weeks ago, i got the Fuji rep ON VIDEO saying that the Xpro2 "still has a few bugs"

I guess I now know WHAT one of those bugs is.

love fuji plenty, have 4 of them , but.......

never ever be anyones BETA TESTER

Edited by fujiXphotog

Teething problems is right. That's why I never buy a camera when it first comes out. I'm not the one who pays full price and does the Beta-testing for the manufacturer. And that applies to all manufacturers, not just Fuji.

well you can buy the camera now, just do not pay the full price. I get mine and payed 1480 euro. As you know this dealer is happy to sell 100 cameras with a discount, then fight with online shops. Price will drop no matter what.

I've had the settings reset a couple of times with fresh batteries.

Other issue I have had on a few occasions is WiFi locks up.  Shutting off the camera does not fix it, the battery must be removed.  Usually resulting in some of the settings resetting.

And the last issue I resolved last night.  The shortcut for SD card format (from playback mode TRASHBIN + center push of rear command dial) was not working.  Did my own reset of the settings and it seems to have corrected that.

One thing for sure, I have gotten used to the new menus, but at the same time have gotten very frustrated with this camera.  I am sure it is firmware.  Hearing to many reports of these issues.  Not bothering with My Menu... Heard a few cases of settings not sticking there too.

Battery life is less than impressive.  Hopefully they can make some tweaks to performance and give it a little more.  I can put in a full battery, turn it on hours later and it is 92%.  I didn't even turn it on (but I have not seen that happen since I reset the camera myself).  I have about 23 days before I have to decide if the camera is going back.  It's got the features I want, but it is a little too buggy out of the gate.  I do hope Fujifilm has an answer with a firmware update before I need to make that call else I will wait for the X-Pro 2S or 3 and stick with the other X camera I have for a while longer.

I got mine at around noon today. I put a fully charged battery in it (from my X-T1) along with my memory card, and just let it sit there for an hour. Then turned it on and set the date and time, and went back to work. Around 3pm I started messing with it, setting up custom functions and messing with Fn buttons and such. No issues so far, with multiple power ups and turn offs. 

No idea what would be causing it for some but not others. Sucks for you guys struggling with it. Not being able to customize a Fuji camera is like running a race with one leg!

My X-Pro2 arrived on March 4th.  Put in a charged battery (that I had on hand).  Used the camera for a couple of hours and then noticed that it had "reset".  Set up again and haven't had any problem for the past 6 days.. Working perfectly.  I suspect the problem is related to the internal battery not having been charged prior to shipment, but who knows?  Good news is that I've not obesrved any glitches since the first day.

Edited by tbonanno

I can customize my android phone with 15% charge, and there are no issues.  Setting a custom menu on a camera should be completely independent of the battery.  This bug is pretty lame, and there better be a fix soon.

I've been using the camera for a few days and on three occasions the camera has self reset to the factory settings. All of my custom function button setting have been lost, 'my menu' settings have gone. Not at all impressed by this. I'm going to return it to the retailer at the weekend. Anyone else have this problem?

I emailed Fujifilm UK last week about this issue, yesterday I received this reply from them:

Thank you for contacting FUJIFILM UK.

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing a problem and can confirm, there is no known issue in regards to what you are describing. We would suggest returning the camera to the retailer for an exchange, and we will pass your feedback to FUJIFILM Japan. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Question about setting the custom menu (I might be doing it wrong), since I don't quite understand the manuals instructions.

Are you supposed to customize and save by pressing 'Q' button > scrolling through the individual settings > press okay/menu button?

Or is there another step that involves customizing the 7 banks separately?  I can't figure this out.  :(  

I emailed Fujifilm UK last week about this issue, yesterday I received this reply from them:

Thank you for contacting FUJIFILM UK.

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing a problem and can confirm, there is no known issue in regards to what you are describing. We would suggest returning the camera to the retailer for an exchange, and we will pass your feedback to FUJIFILM Japan. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Are they joking?

I found out I was doing it wrong.  Not sure if others here were/are as well.  I was trying to configure the settings via the Q menu.  I found a user who posted the right way:  "You go into the main menu in the IQ section, page 3. It says Edit/Save Custom Settings. I added this menu item to MY menu so its more readily accessible. Click the menu and you will see all 7 custom set-ups. Then click the one you want to change and it will give you all the options you are looking for. When you then go back, it will ask you if you want to save the settings."

Once I did this, it reflected in the Q menu or "My Menu"  Hope this helps.

I just received my X-Pro 2 last night. I put a fully charged battery from the X-T1 in it and went through the menus, setup a few things, and turned the camera on and off many times while playing with it for about an hour. One time I noticed the screen didn't say 'sensor cleaning' and though that was strange. Turned the camera back on and the camera had reset. I only changed the lens once, form the 35 f/1.4 to the 35 f/2 and have not yet taken the battery out. The last setting I changed prior to the reset was programming the top fn button to change auto ISO settings. Thought I'd share my observations. Hopefully it was a one reset and fixed thing like many others observed.

I found out I was doing it wrong.  Not sure if others here were/are as well.  I was trying to configure the settings via the Q menu.  I found a user who posted the right way:  "You go into the main menu in the IQ section, page 3. It says Edit/Save Custom Settings. I added this menu item to MY menu so its more readily accessible. Click the menu and you will see all 7 custom set-ups. Then click the one you want to change and it will give you all the options you are looking for. When you then go back, it will ask you if you want to save the settings."

Once I did this, it reflected in the Q menu or "My Menu"  Hope this helps.

There's a shortcut for that: 

1 call up the Q menu

2 press and hold the Q button and the Edit/Save Custom Settings menu appears. 

Then make your setting and save them ...

There's a shortcut for that: 

1 call up the Q menu

2 press and hold the Q button and the Edit/Save Custom Settings menu appears. 

Then make your setting and save them ...

Awesome.  Thanks!  Good to see that it was just me being a dummy, and not any bugs.  Also, I found this as a replacement for the printed manual (might be old news for you folks), and it's much easier to understand.  http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-pro2/  

I can customize my android phone with 15% charge, and there are no issues.  Setting a custom menu on a camera should be completely independent of the battery.  This bug is pretty lame, and there better be a fix soon.

Think of it more like you have a dead android phone, and you're trying to get it to turn on by charging it slowly from an external battery pack with 15% charge, and it's going really slowly, and when you try to turn the phone on without giving it enough time to collect enough power to get running, it starts up and then dies a few seconds later.

But many people are saying it's happening to them regardless of how long a full battery is sitting in the camera, so it doesn't seem like this is even a factor.

I had the same problem the first day or two, the X-Pro2 keeps resetting itself, even without taking the battery out !

Somehow after setting again and again for about 3 or 4 times, the problem went away !  At least so far (1 week) it did not reset.

I know from the beginning it's a software issue and Fujifilm will correct this.  Let's hope so.

So far I love this new camera.