Problem with my X Pro2.

I've been using the camera for a few days and on three occasions the camera has self reset to the factory settings. All of my custom function button setting have been lost, 'my menu' settings have gone. Not at all impressed by this. I'm going to return it to the retailer at the weekend. Anyone else have this problem?

I had it once at the very beginning, the file format was reverted from raw to jpeg as well as an other setting I do no remember, but date/time/language did not. I suspect this happened due to the internal battery not yet being duly charged, and anyhow it did not happened again since then.

I may have had this first of all or it may have been my stupidity :)

All seems well at the moment

As already said if it is an issue a firmware update will probably sort it out

Teething problems..... :D

Teething problems is right. That's why I never buy a camera when it first comes out. I'm not the one who pays full price and does the Beta-testing for the manufacturer. And that applies to all manufacturers, not just Fuji.

Yep, I am having the same issue as well. I've noticed this happens whenever I remove the battery out. I also really wish when you're in EVF view only that I can still make changes of the settings via the LCD and not within the EVF. 

I hope I did not make a mistake with this purchase : \ 

Teething problems is right. That's why I never buy a camera when it first comes out. I'm not the one who pays full price and does the Beta-testing for the manufacturer. And that applies to all manufacturers, not just Fuji.

Well clever you 

Im happy to help work out the problems so you can buy a cheap camera with no faults 

I assume you've just bought an XP1 , I think thats now cheap enough

Yep, I am having the same issue as well. I've noticed this happens whenever I remove the battery out. I also really wish when you're in EVF view only that I can still make changes of the settings via the LCD and not within the EVF. 

I hope I did not make a mistake with this purchase : \ 

Mine is going to be used heavily in Paris for a week starting Tuesday 

This will be a really good test for it under real work conditions not review testing 

Im happy to try this on a real job , if it stops working I switch to another camera

I don't see a problem

Ive checked if I can change the settings on LCD rather than EVF and I can do either 

Also when removing battery  and replacing it the settings are ok 

Edited by Alf

Mine is going to be used heavily in Paris for a week starting Tuesday 

This will be a really good test for it under real work conditions not review testing 

Im happy to try this on a real job , if it stops working I switch to another camera

I don't see a problem

Ive checked if I can change the settings on LCD rather than EVF and I can do either 

Also when removing battery  and replacing it the settings are ok 

So when you set to EVF mode only. Are make changes on the main LCD for settings? while still in EVF ? Or you can only make the setting changes within EVF mode when set to EVF mode only ?

right I get what u mean now 

If using EVF i can use main screen for changes

However if I use view mode to turn screen off so only EVF I can only change menus in viewfinder

I assume thats what u mean

Thats not a fault though as essentially you have chosen to turn the screen off so therefore nothing will appear

Make sense ?

right I get what u mean now 

If using EVF i can use main screen for changes

However if I use view mode to turn screen off so only EVF I can only change menus in viewfinder

I assume thats what u mean

Thats not a fault though as essentially you have chosen to turn the screen off so therefore nothing will appear

Make sense ?

Right and I get that, however it would be ergonomically nice to have it where you can edit the settings from the LCD and not from the EVF to be efficient.  I like to keep my LCD off and EVF on but if need to make a change I can simply click on the Menu to make the changes via LCD.   :D  please fujifilm if you are reading this make this happen on the next firmware update! This will help save batteries, less eye strain, and easier to make changes to constantly switch view modes from EVF to LCD to make menu changes.

Thanks in advance and you too Alf! :)

Thats cool

Its good to know there is no "fault" just an inconvenience :)

Im liking the camera and the menus don't worry me to much as I don't really change things once set up apart from ISO and thats well taken care of with the new dial

Thats cool

Its good to know there is no "fault" just an inconvenience :)

Im liking the camera and the menus don't worry me to much as I don't really change things once set up apart from ISO and thats well taken care of with the new dial

Yea me too so far. What I love to also see is to add the Card Slots to the function short cut. So I can toggle which cards I wanna use quickly as I shoot the groom and the bride. It'll just be nice.

I had the reset issue as well. Fully charged battery. Removed battery and lens and no issues. Played with the camera a bit and suddenly it reset. Feels like some sort of bug more than a battery issue.

I'm loving the camera though. I had an xt1 and x100s so learning curve and set up pretty familiar. I've played with the camera for a few hours and now feels like I've always had it.

I love how almost all the functions I need are accessible with mostly one button. To the point that my custom menu only has two items so far and my quick menu has one blank space.

I only have two minor complaints. 1) kinda a pain to switch between cards to erase images. 2) hate the placement of the ae-l and af-l buttons - I wish I could assign the button on the evf/ovf switch and fn1 to those functions as they are easier to reach.

Very minor though, I love this camera.

The setting reset occurred to me last night for the first time. I was trying to transfer images to the iPad using the Fuji Cam Remote App 

but the App crashed during transfer and then the settings was factory default in the camera.

This may be a safeguard to ensure that the camera starts after a serious software crash? 

Anyway, a wonderful piece of equipment  :D the flaws just give it character.

I have one friend who has received his XPro2 already, and he's having the same problem. I should get mine today, so we'll see.

I've seen reports that it's due to the internal auxiliary battery that powers the settings and clock, and that this battery ships dead, and uses the first battery to charge it up, and if you draw on it too hard too quickly, it fails. Fuji says to just leave a full battery in it for a little while to charge up that battery inside. I've seen lots of stories about people saying that they have a full battery in the camera and aren't really using it for much when they experience the problem though, so who knows whether that's just a guess on Fuji's part. 

Strange that so many people seem to having the issue, but we didn't hear about it during any of the reviews or tests. 

Here's hoping it's an easy fix.

I haven't had any issues with my X-Pro2, either (Knock on wood).

Hearing this issue with resetting of custom settings, I did leave my battery in the x-pro2 for 24 hours at least to be sure the internal battery is charged enough to retain custom settings in its memory and it seems fine..custom settings holding.

Just to add some input to this.  The issue popped up for me too but I noticed that it happened immediately after I placed an SD card in the camera for the first time.   

Was yours in a way that suggested that it might not merely be the auxiliary battery inside? How long did you have a charged battery in before it happened? Did you turn it on and start playing with it right away or did it have some time to rest and draw charge from the battery?