Arrival of XP2

Alf

Excitement is mounting as we all await the arrival of the new baby from Fuji

Can I make a simple plea .......

When yours arrives please try and resist the urge to flood the group with a picture of it !

We all know what it looks like and we would much rather see the first pic you took with it .... :)

I didn't receive mine yet, but my first pics are usually of my feet or a lamp so that is something anyone would want to see  ;)

As I wait anxiously for mine to ship, I'm very curious about the AF. You say lightning fast.. what are you comparing it to? I really want to know how much better than the X-T1 it is. Thanks. 

Enjoy the new camera. 

Im not really into comparisons between cameras as theres often other factors involved

However....

The XP2 is the fastest camera of its type that I have used , it is certainly adequate for my needs 

If you have the image set to display in the viewfinder after taking it , the speed from focusing to the image appearing is incredibly fast 

Ive been through everything I need the camera to do and I am happy

A tiny negative for the purists .....  The box is a real disappointment !

Now if Adobe would get the RAW files working in LR everything would be perfect :)

Ok not quite first shot but ...

quick snap of Alfie in his spot 

2500 iso

23 wide open

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Im not really into comparisons between cameras as theres often other factors involved

However....

The XP2 is the fastest camera of its type that I have used , it is certainly adequate for my needs 

If you have the image set to display in the viewfinder after taking it , the speed from focusing to the image appearing is incredibly fast 

Ive been through everything I need the camera to do and I am happy

A tiny negative for the purists .....  The box is a real disappointment !

Now if Adobe would get the RAW files working in LR everything would be perfect :)

Lightroom was updated end of Jan for X-Pro2 RAW support

Edited by oscillik

Got my X-Pro2 yesterday. Had the devil's own job upgrading from Lightroom 5 to the latest version to process the RAW files. On the Adobe site every link took me to monthly subscription models that would cost much more after a few months. Then I found the standalone product for sale on Amazon - but that was to buy new rather than upgrade. Eventually I did a we chat with Adobe and they connected me to a download link for a £50 upgrade. But they don't make it easy or visible to people!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a standalone copy of Photoshop - about 4 years old but works fine. The standalone upgrade for LR will probably do me until I get a new camera it doesn't support - maybe the XPro3 in about 4-5 years' time. So doing it this way, it will cost me around a pound a month, if that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine arrived Thursday, took it out for a sunrise shoot along a frozen river on Friday. Handles beautifully (even better than other Fujis), and image quality looks fantastic on the rear screen - Capture One isn't dealing with the raws yet, so haven't had the mages on the computer yet,

Edited by danwells

Hello.

I put the order a few weeks ago, I have a ver bad case of anxiousness... I bought the camera separate from the body, and now they offered in Amazon US with a $99 minus. I just chat with them and they approve the discount.

so, Scored.

SO EXCITED. 

Sorry I will post photos from the camera.

:lol:

Edited by EduFierro

I also got mine on the 1st of March.I certainly agree with all the positive comments and initial good reports on the overal quality of this nice upgrade made by Fuji to the X-Pro family.

However, on a negative note, I could notice on my X-Pro2 a tiny imperfection on the top edge of the LCD frame, as shown on the picture below. Of course the attached image is a 1:1 macro shot, so this sort of flaw in the paint finishing looks quite bad on picture. In reality it is hardly, very hardly noticeable... although it is still there.

I really noticed it by chance, while handling the camera as soon as it was taken out of the box. It was a reflection of the artificial light in the room that hit that area at an angle and made it possible to see that slight imperfection on the LCD frame. Other than that, the X-Pro2 is certainly well built and a joy to use.

Edited by Wuthoqquan

This is the 1:1 macro shot I could not attach to my previous message, since I was posting from my iPad. Sorry for the double post!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!