camera freezes every time after fw 4.0 upgrade, can't use it

I too have had problems after upgrading the firmware on my xe2. I followed all the instructions carefully and after the upgrade the camera worked fine until I turned it off. When I turn it on again it will either do nothing, turn on for a split second (and I believe show a battery exhausted warning?) or actually work. Last night I turned it on and off successfully 3 times before it did nothing. I have checked the batteries and they are fine - charged. 

I can take the card out and the battery out and wait a few minutes then put them back in and sometimes it will start but usually not.

The only thing I question at this point is the card. I had it in a Nikon camera and then switched it to this camera. I did format it and reset the resets, etc.

I'm very puzzled to say the least. Any thoughts?

I sold my X-E2 non log ago but I’ve used ofter the upgrade with cards that were nothing special. In fact I’ve sold the camera witha very cheap 4Gb card that I had lef from years ago one that was very slow for sure and the camera worked all the same.

Re install the software hoping that something went wrong and that installing on top would cure whatever went wrong. you shouldn’t have any of those problems after and firmware upgrade. I didn’t.

• 1 year later...

I am glad I found this thread also.  I had an unusable camera - wouldn't even take a picture, all items on Q menu were ISO 200, rear LCD wouldn't work, etc.....   The 2 RESET steps fixed it!  So the key here would have been to have read the instructions, not just blindly updating the firmware.  Lesson learned.

Thanks Leyanlo