XF16-80 f/4 Loose Focus Ring

snachlas

I recently acquired this lens to go with my X-T4, XF18–55mm f/2.8–4 and a few other lenses. Overall, I really love this lens, and while it’s similar to the 18-55, I can see use for both of these lenses. I noticed right away, however, that the manual focus ring on the 16–80mm is quite easy to turn. Although I don’t use manual focus a lot, I find the feel to be a bit too loose for my liking, especially compared to the 18–55.  The slightest touch will move the ring.  It is damped, just really easy to turn. I don’t know if all of the 16-80 lenses work the same way or if I just got an unusual copy.

Could some of you who own either or both of these lenses possibly comment on this for me? Admittedly, the 18-55mm has a rather tight focus ring as well as a pretty tight zoom ring. I actually like the feel of both of these rings. The zoom ring on the 16 to 80 is also a bit easier to turn than the 18 to 55, but I find it’s feel just fine.  Thanks for any comments.