Lens disables all buttons on camera

I bought a second hand xt-10 a few years ago and used it with pride, but now it just acts up really wierdly. So i have a 27mm f2.8 pancake lens for the camera that I think i bought with the camera house, im not sure if its the lens or the body thats faulty. Whenever I connect the lens to the camera, the red led on the back blinks red 6times and none of the buttons work. I cant take pictures, i cant change apature/ss/go into menus/function menu, all buttons just gets disabled apart from viewing the images. If I take of the lens (use camera without lens setting is turned on) i can use it normally, i can press all buttons and go into the settings, take images etc. but as fast as I connect the lens again. Locked out. I've tried taking out the battery multiple times and 1/100 times i can use the camera, then when i take an image, again, im locked out and can't do s***. You think its just the lens (have no other AF lenses i can try) or the body thats broken? And yes i have cleaned the connection pads and pins on the lens and the camera. Its not that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 7:32 AM, hyperbolicturtle said:

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue

Nope, still not fixed, do you have multiple autofocus lenses for it? If you do does it do the same thing for all the lenses or just one? Cause the camera throws out a lens error (the blinking red led light) but I can only try with one lens, so can't really troubleshoot more then in the video :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 3:53 PM, Pasta21 said:

Nope, still not fixed, do you have multiple autofocus lenses for it? If you do does it do the same thing for all the lenses or just one? Cause the camera throws out a lens error (the blinking red led light) but I can only try with one lens, so can't really troubleshoot more then in the video :(

Unfortunately not, I only have a manual lens and few film lenses with an adapter. The problem is consistent across all of the lenses :(

• 1 year later...