Removing the "Cable channel cover for DC coupler"

There's a "cable channel cover for DC coupler" along one short edge of the battery chamber cover. It's item 36 in the Parts of the Camera illustration on page 3 of the manual. I bought a CP-W126 DC coupler, which has an end that looks like the battery and slides into its place. But how do you remove the cable channel cover?

It is obviously a separate part. It's a lighter color than the battery chamber cover, and it's not quite as hard.

I studied it under a magnifier and it seems to have little tabs and ledges that would prevent moving it in any direction. Do you force it? In which direction?

Thanks!

Grab it between your finger and thumb, pull it out and up. It slides out. I am not really in a good spot to show you photos, (maybe later ???) but it is fairly easy to do. Do NOT use a lot of force. Once you are finished using it, it slides back in place.

edit: p.s. If you are using a L-Bracket, you may need to remove it, so that the battery door will close with the dc coupler inserted, the cable is very close to the edge and can smush up against the bracket.

Edited by jerryy

New and Improved Answer! As intimated earlier, now with images!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

X-T30 ready for the change.

Remove the L-Bracket and the battery.

Grab the tab and slide it out.

And up.

Insert the CP-W126 DC coupler.

Close the battery cover and it is ready to go. When you are finished using it, reverse the process.

Edited by jerryy