Just beginning with the X-T1

Jon406

With just having my X-T1 arrive yesterday and then going through the settings using advice from Setting Up The FujiFilm X-T1 I have yet to find a way to turn on the sound to allow the flash. I have double checked in the menu options etc, but the flash still fails to work as the LCD indicates that the sound is turned off.  

Now I must say at first impressions using the FX 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 lens I am very impressed with the sharpness and resolution of the images I shot last night, even though this was not the lens I was suppose to get when I ordered my X-T1, that is being handled and the FX 18-55mm f/2.8-4mm lens is being sent on it's way.

DSCF0065_zps6bw9m1ix.jpg

DSCF0070_zpsbdmiebbm.jpg

Edited by Jon406

I hope they are giving you a refund if you paid for the 18-135 now that they will send you the 18-55 ( extraordinary good lens, yesterday I was shooting it at 23 against the 23mm f1.4 and at equal aperture you will have an hard time telling the lenses apart if not comparatively and only in the most minute of details in the corners!).

The electronic shutter has its merits but it isn’t, most certainly, a shutter to use by default but only by choice, when appropriate.

Thank you all for replies... I really don't need the flash at all, as I have been shooting without one for so long anyway.  I can't wait to arrive in Hawai'i to reclaim some photography that was lost due to a computer crash after our last trip in 2012.  It will be fun getting all those images again, as the swells are higher and stronger from the reports I have seen.

Thanks again