Sell X100T, replace with X-Pro2?

I wanted to ask this here as most of you are fans of the X100 series. I have an X100T and I like it, but I'd like it more if it had the updated AF of the X-E2 and had a 35mm lens. As I don't shoot with flash, does the leaf shutter really matter? Any other advantages of the X100T? I have an X-Pro2 on preorder and a 35mm f/2. I'm thinking of selling my X100T and using the X-Pro2 with the 35mm. As far as focal lengths, I have them all covered already with my X-T1. Basically I just don't know if it makes sense to hold on to the X100T.

If you can afford to, I'd keep the X100T if I were you. It's smaller and more pocketable than the XT1 or XPro cameras and it's more discreet - the leaf shutter is pretty much silent (yes, I know about electronic shutters, also silent, but they have issues when it comes to moving subjects.) The X100T would be the perfect partner to an XPro 2. I'd sell my XT1 instead, because the XPro2 does everything it does, only better (except for not having an articulated screen). In fact, I am in that exact position - selling my XT1 to buy an XPro2, and keeping my X100T. I take my X100T to places where I'd think twice about taking a bigger or heavier camera

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Warwick

I agree with Warwick's view.  I recently spent 3 days in Paris with the X-Pro1 as well as the X100T. The weather wasn't great, used both cameras, but found that on busy streets, crowded places and going out at night, the X100T was more convenient to use. With the lens hood removed, easy to fit into my coat pocket.

I'm waiting to shortly receive my X-Pro2 and will be keeping the X100T as well, which in any event my wife's recently hijacked......

Thanks for the opinions Warwick and Mike. I do find myself grabbing the X100T often because of its lightness and compactness, but was thinking the X-Pro 2 gives me the same viewfinder with batteries that match my other Fuji cameras as well as the 35mm focal length (50mm equivalent) that I prefer shooting. It is not a need to sell it, but most of a thought to reduce the amount of gear I have. I will wait to see how much I still use it once my X-Pro 2 arrives and go from there.

Warwick +1! Don't do it. A few years back I replaced the X100 with the X-Pro 1. Biggest mistake I ever made. There is no comparison in handling the two. The X100 is smaller, the viewfinder is specially geared towards the focal length and the overall package of the X100 is better geared towards casual shooting, especially in crowded spaces. After three weeks I bought another X100 and I finally sold the X-Pro1 for the XT-1. Of course all of this could change if Fuji introduces the rumored 23mm f2.

Warwick +1! Don't do it. A few years back I replaced the X100 with the X-Pro 1. Biggest mistake I ever made. There is no comparison in handling the two. The X100 is smaller, the viewfinder is specially geared towards the focal length and the overall package of the X100 is better geared towards casual shooting, especially in crowded spaces. After three weeks I bought another X100 and I finally sold the X-Pro1 for the XT-1. Of course all of this could change if Fuji introduces the rumored 23mm f2.

You could be right. I'm sure I would miss the compactness of it. I'll wait to decide until after the X-Pro 2 arrives and I've had a chance to use it.

Invest in the TCL-X00 and your problem is solved!

I ordered one about a month ago, but canceled it before it shipped. I couldn't make up my mind on whether to keep the camera or not. If I decide to keep it, I may have to get one of these.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I loved my X100s so much that I decided to get the X100T. Just wanted all the refinements the T offers.

So in the end the x100s and X30 will be sold. The 100T and Pro1 will stay. But I will always have that X100T, it's become my favorite camera ever. And I've had a lot of cameras.

I sold my XT1 and X100T and got an XPro2 and X70. Because the XPro2's optical viewfinder goes better with small lenses like the 35F2, I found myself taking it to places I would have taken the X100T. So I got the X70 for something smaller and more pocketable.

So I agree with dali27 above.

Edited by Warwick

I would keep the X-T1 because it has an articulated screen and a bigger viewfinder than the X-Pro2/X100T has. I'm not gonna part with my X-T1 :) If I sell it one day then it would be because I'm getting the X-T2.

I also have the X70, and I may get the future X200 or possibly a X-Pro2 because I would like to have a rangefinder-style camera also.

I really like the X70 because it is so discreet. Leaf shutter, compact size. No one cares or notices that I take their photos, and it is a fun camera to use.

• 2 weeks later...

My Fujifilm journey started with purchasing an X100T back in February 2015.  I used that little camera over the year, and then purchased an X-Pro2 this year (received it on March 3rd).  I generally use them for totally different things.  The small size of the X100T makes it a natural for street photography, and other places where you don't want to draw much attention to yourself.  The X-Pro2 will work in that capacity, but is quite a bit larger.  I mainly use it for landscape and nature photography.

So, to answer your original question... It all depends on what kind of photography you do.  I find that having both gives me a lot of freedom to pursue different kinds of photography.

I wanted to ask this here as most of you are fans of the X100 series. I have an X100T and I like it, but I'd like it more if it had the updated AF of the X-E2 and had a 35mm lens. As I don't shoot with flash, does the leaf shutter really matter? Any other advantages of the X100T? I have an X-Pro2 on preorder and a 35mm f/2. I'm thinking of selling my X100T and using the X-Pro2 with the 35mm. As far as focal lengths, I have them all covered already with my X-T1. Basically I just don't know if it makes sense to hold on to the X100T.

Like someone else suggested, if you can afford to keep the X100T, then you should.

It sounds like you will have all your bases covered, and then some. 

Why keep the X100T? For those moments when:

- you want to keep it as small, compact & simple

- maybe you want to try and start taking more flash photography, a great skill if you haven't tried it much, and having that leaf shutter is a big advantage especially when you want to do so in bright daylight & wide open. you will have the option to do high speed sync with the X-Pro2 & X-T1, alternatively, with either a Nissin i40 flash or upcoming EF-X500 from Fuji.

- on a photoshoot, and you don't want to constantly be changing lenses, it's good to have 2 (possibly 3 even) bodies ready, so you might want the 23mm (or whatever lens conversion you may have for the X100T) readily available to cover that focal length, and the X-Pro2 and/or X-T1 ready with another set of focal lengths.

Or even sell the X100T and buy an X Pro 2 and an X70 as your small, high-quality pocket camera.

The X100t isn't a great deal more pocketable than the X-Pro 2 with a pancake lens.

Whereas with the X70, you can fit one into the back pocket of a pair of jeans.

There's less of an overlap between the two cameras and it widens the range of occasions on which you can comfortably carry a camera

Edited by Warwick

Hi

I'm keepin my X100T, (least until the next version of it comes out). It really became my #1, even with some of its short comings. The XPro 2 is very nice, but it is larger, heavier more like a Leica M size, I realize now its just not the direction I want to go anymore.

I would like to see the same operational speed of the X-Pro 2 in the body size, shape and single lens style of the X100T. I did some tests today, Xpro 2 vs Leica Q (rented)  vs 100T. Whats amazing is how good the 100T images look up against more pixels and even a larger sensor.ITs so close, even pix peeping,  Its still the camera I pick up first to travel, explore and use everyday. One thing I'm missing with the Pro 2 is a compact 23mm lens (35mm equivalent). I'm so used to that lens size.

Anyway my advice , don't sell you 100T.

• 2 weeks later...

My X100T images finally convinced me to p.u. the new XPro-2 with several primes, as a smart downsizing move (from Canon DSLRs since 2005, and Nikon film SLRs for 30 years prior).

I've kept my X100T as 2nd body (w/ both teleconverters = backup kit), allowing that and the 14, 35 f1.4, 56 & 90 w/ XPro-2 to fit into a tiny, lightweight (comparatively) shoulder bag. Image quality from both bodies is exceptional, and I'll never regret cutting those FF 25 lbs., while maintaining 'full-pro' capabilities. Having that X100T Leaf shutter is just icing on the cake.