XT-1 updated to f0 now have the dreaded f0 issue with every lens

ilium007

Hi guys - tonight I downloaded the XT-1 4.30 firmware and updated my XT-1. Straight away I started noticing issues. I am getting the dreaded f0 error appear on the LCD. From what I read the camera thinks there is no lens attached. Turning the camera off and back on seems to fix the issue. It is happening on the 23mm, 35mm, 56mm and 90mm (the 90mm A/F also stopped working).

I bought this camera in May 2014 and haven't had an issue until tonight. I have checked the gold contacts, there seems to be no dirt / rubbish that would affect the performance of the camera / lens. And it is happening on all lenses so I would assume it is a camera issue. Just seems very coincidental with a firmware update, the issue started happening immediately after.

I can force the f0 issue almost all the time by going into playback mode and the back out, it will go into f0 error 99.9% of the time. I have made a video of the issue below. Interesting to note that the f0 issue that occurs when exiting image preview mode occurs after a slight 'glitch' in the screen:

video uploading to youtube

I don't know what to do, it is out of warranty (although I think Australia may have extra protections against 12 month warranty). I have a large investment in lenses and want to stay with the Fuji system but this is really disappointing.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by ilium007

Very annoying!

Short of sending your camera to Fuji so that they can change the firmware ( they can) I don’t think that you can do anything else other than trying to re-upload the firmware ( and you’ve done that already) or wait until next update which will take care of this and any other firmware hiccups.

Good Luck

Hi guys - tonight I downloaded the XT-1 4.30 firmware and updated my XT-1. Straight away I started noticing issues. I am getting the dreaded f0 error appear on the LCD. From what I read the camera thinks there is no lens attached. Turning the camera off and back on seems to fix the issue. It is happening on the 23mm, 35mm, 56mm and 90mm (the 90mm A/F also stopped working).

I bought this camera in May 2014 and haven't had an issue until tonight. I have checked the gold contacts, there seems to be no dirt / rubbish that would affect the performance of the camera / lens. And it is happening on all lenses so I would assume it is a camera issue. Just seems very coincidental with a firmware update, the issue started happening immediately after.

I can force the f0 issue almost all the time by going into playback mode and the back out, it will go into f0 error 99.9% of the time. I have made a video of the issue below. Interesting to note that the f0 issue that occurs when exiting image preview mode occurs after a slight 'glitch' in the screen:

video uploading to youtube

I don't know what to do, it is out of warranty (although I think Australia may have extra protections against 12 month warranty). I have a large investment in lenses and want to stay with the Fuji system but this is really disappointing.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-02-20 at 9.37.51 PM.png

Do they still have the older firmware versions available for download? You could go back to an older one and see if things are working. That way you'll know if it's a hardware issue or the firmware.

This issue is normally due to a hardware issue, specifically a fault in the main circuit board. I had the same issue and it was repaired by Fuji Australia quickly. Fuji Australia are very good - send it in with a request that it be repaired under warranty given it is a known fault.

Only happened after 4.30 update. I had a firmware v1.0 35mm f1.2 mounted at the time and had both the 1.30 (for lens) and 4.30 firmware files on th sdcard. I don't know if this caused an issue but it certainly seems like a hardware issue. Camera has been sent back to Fuji Australia. Will see what happens this week.