Hello! My first post here. Moving over from the OM-D, I just bought an X-E2 last week but I am returning it because of a couple of dead pixels I noticed after a day of shoot.  While it is on its way to the store, I am debating to replace it with X-pro 1.

I did a firmware update, and really the camera is wonderful, besides is plasticy parts.  I am happy with my shooting but I was just  learning to work with the camera. My concern is not the latest technology but Fuji's film like tone quality in the images than many praise on the earlier X-pro compare to the newer X -Trans processor.

For a photo project, I mostly shoot with my film camera, the Pentax K1000 with the a 50mm f1.4 lens accompanied by  the OM-D and most of time i used only the Pentax shots. I am looking forward of working with the Fuji, but which one?

The difference in image is most pronounced (though still subtle) in high iso situations, with the x-pro1 having a, to me at least, more pleasing digital grain (when noise reduction is set to -2) than the x-trans II sensor cameras.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thiswayup

There are more reasons for an X-Pro2 for me (x-sync speed, and HVF, WR…) but my budget says it's not made of rubber ;-) It's good to hear you're satisfied with X-E2 – that's tha one for me this turn around too :-)

I wanted an XPro2, almost bought an XPro1 but went for an XE2 when I saw what the latest firmware updates added. The XE2 was faster and more capable than the pro1 before fw4, but the romantic side of me was still attracted. But after the updates there really is no contest.

• 2 weeks later...

The Pro1 was superior to the X-E1, a upper line. Also to X-E2. And I also was thinking to get it, but in the end I've got the X-E2: new sensor, new processor, so better than old Pro1. I'll probably get the Pro2 in the future, but only in a year or two when the price will have sensibly lowered.

Edited by lleo

The Pro1 was superior to the X-E1, a upper line. Also to X-E2.

I don't think the X-Pro1 was superior to the X-E2. It's different, due to the OVF, and the omission of a built-in flash. However, if you don't care about the optical viewfinder, the X-E2 would be a great camera. The price has come down to a reasonable level as well.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'd say go for the X-E2 its a much faster camera than the Pro, and you can get a hand grip to bulk it out a bit for you. If you are used to a DSLR the optical finder of the X-pro will still take some getting used to as it's a rangefinder so your still not viewing through the lens.

The EVF is great to use and being able to see your exposure before you shoot will be a feature you will soon enjoy,

Hope that helps :)

Col-

Milandro, the digital cameras are more on the computer side than on real camera side. This means there's a continous updating and the price will decrease much faster then the price of normal cameras used to do.

Johan, the X-Pro1 represented the top of the line, if we can say "professional" together the X-T1 while the X-E1, and 2, feature the lower line. But, being the E2 newer than the Pro1, it's obviously superior. The Pro1 could be compared to the E1 as the Pro2 can be compared to the E2, with the Pro being the top of Fuji line.

On the contrary, they wouldn't cost quite more than the E models.

I disagree, after all, it is a fact, as I mentioned, that nothing at at has changed ( at least in most of Europe) in the price of the X-T1 even after two years from its introduction (aside temporary special offers) , because there is not , yet, an X-T2. 

When the replacement will be here the price will drop. The X-E1 and X-pro1, still great, but surpassed cameras, has been reduced but we are talking of 4 or 5 years after introduction.

This in not a theory but a verifiable fact.