Live view shooting with Android phone

danywu

I am new to the Fujifilm world, having just bought my X-S10 yesterday. I have paired with Bluetooth to my Android phone, and am able to use the Remote Release function on the app. I'm curious about the Live view shooting though. I can't seem to get this going. It comes up with "Connecting. Please wait", then eventually failed to connect. I can't seem to use either of the two Import functions on the app either.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Dany.

On 4/28/2022 at 2:57 AM, danywu said:

I am new to the Fujifilm world, having just bought my X-S10 yesterday. I have paired with Bluetooth to my Android phone, and am able to use the Remote Release function on the app. I'm curious about the Live view shooting though. I can't seem to get this going. It comes up with "Connecting. Please wait", then eventually failed to connect. I can't seem to use either of the two Import functions on the app either.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Dany.

I can understand the frustration and I believe this is how it is. 'Pal2tech' has expressed his frustration in his youtube channel. What surprises me is that the video is made long ago and any company would have tried to fix this. But I see this is not the case for a popular company like Fujifilm. I still see this connecting issue haunting us. It happens to me all the time. When I connect to the remote app, I am able to use the app to execute the shutter like a charm. But you take a while on other chores in your camera or on your phone and return back it will try to connect again. This is terrible in an era dominated by software, is Fujifilm running short of software engineers?

Or maybe there is some workaround that has fixed this issue!? (which I never knew). Pal2tech has suggested a faster way to connect to the remote app from the 'preview photo screen'. Try that video, you might learn something new. 

Anycase the issue and frustration remains. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I didn't know you could connect your phone to a camera and take pictures. That's cool, thanks. I generally do not know much about phones and various programs for it, for example, only recently learned that the regular cellular network is very easy to hack and wiretap. So after reading some information on www.usechalkboard.com/ about VoIP numbers, I decided to buy one because it belongs to a completely different network, which makes it more secure.

Edited by filonina

• 6 months later...

I use my X-S10 with my Android phone without problems for photography, but for video it is useless. Using the app requires patience, though, and repeatedly pairing it to the cameras WIFI. I wanted to use the app as a remote shutter and wireless monitor for video recording my self from a distance, but noticed that the video settings changed when entering that mode (such as the frame rate and resolution!), thus making it useless for me. I therefore have to set up something to focus on, use Single AF or Manual focusing, hit record, and get in the exact position of the focus.