E2 firmware4.0 and red eye reduction pre-flash

since the new 4.0 firmware the red-eye preflash setting works differently.

In practice with the following settings the pre-flash cannot be avoided :

1 Raw only

2 face detection ON

3 Eye detection OFF

4 AF-Continous

But : if I set Raw+Jpg , then the red eye reduction can be avoided.

I don't see the sense of this Fuji choice. 

According to the new manual it should be the other way round ( red-ey reduction disabled when Raw only)

Anyway it wasn't like this before the new firmware came out.

Can anybody confirm this behaviour , or maybe suggest a solution ?

TIA

Old bug, has been known for quite some time. Since it isn't recommended to shoot RAW only, it doesn't practically affect many users, though.

Old bug ?  It's new for me !   It didn't exist before the 4th february firmware.

Moreover ... why it's not recomended to shoot Raw only ?  I do it all the times, because I use NeatImage to process noise.  Both the Fuji Jpg and the Camera Raw processing are not not up to my expectations.

What's wrong with Raw only ?

Old bug ?  It's new for me !   It didn't exist before the 4th february firmware.

Moreover ... why it's not recomended to shoot Raw only ?  I do it all the times, because I use NeatImage to process noise.  Both the Fuji Jpg and the Camera Raw processing are not not up to my expectations.

What's wrong with Raw only ?

Actually, there's a whole tip about this setting this in my books, for example tip 33 in my X-T10 book (use coupon XT1050 for a 50% friends&family discount), citing at least 7 good reasons (not counting this bug). This is now also the recommended book for X-E2 and X-E2S users. Please do not buy my X-E2 book is you are using the X-E2 with firmware 4! Get the X-T10 book instead.

In any case, I remember the RAW and flash bug from older firmwares or cameras, and sadly, it's also in the X-Pro2. So select FINE+RAW or NORMAL+RAW to get around it. There is no other way.