Capture One and new RAW conversion for X-Pro2

I use two Fuji bodies now -- x100T, X-E2 -- and ordered an X-Pro2. I want to explore alternate RAW processors but inertia keeps me in Lightroom because post-processing so often needs to move quickly for clients. Nothing new in what I just wrote for almost all of us.

But: Has anyone here received/read any prediction from CaptureOne (PhaseOne) about their plans for X-Pro2 RAW conversions? I have been holding off on a trial to see what this timing will be and include the new routines in my testing. The trial used to be 60 days, which is helpful. I did order a CaptureOne v9 book from RockyNook (interesting photo book title list, by the way) that will be finished soon, so I trust the content will be up to date. Book $$ worth the investment as I would be shelling out $300 for even the non-subscription code.

Fuji's ship delay might be RAW related and if the news of conversion release slipped at the two or three companies in "alt-Fuji" orbit we have at least an indication of this connection. But I expect the companies are being tight-lipped about their plans as that's the best policy for them, anyway.

Just curious. And really really really anxious to try my new X-Pro2.

jonathan7007

• 4 weeks later...

I'm an X-T1 and X100T user who just switched to CaptureOne Pro 9. The software handles X-Trans RAW files beautifully. I've also just picked up an X-Pro2 - C1 doesn't support X-Pro2 files yet, but I've expressed multiple times to PhaseOne that I would like to see support for both uncompressed and lossless compressed X-Pro2 files.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up: Capture One was just updated to 9.1.1, featuring "preliminary X-Pro2 support, lossless compressed not supported".

I knew I should not have been shooting compressed RAFs these past weeks… :-( At least I can process my future X-Pro2 images (which I will be shooting in uncompressed raw for the foreseeable future) in Capture One. 

Just a heads up: Capture One was just updated to 9.1.1, featuring "preliminary X-Pro2 support, lossless compressed not supported".

Also the lens correction module doesn't work with XPro2 raw files. So no distortion controls, lens vignetting, lens sharpness correction or aberration corrections, yet.

Edited by Noel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...