Available :: Fuji X-E2 Firmware 4.00!

One more question - has this always been the behavior of the X-E2, or did this just come about with FW4? 

It was always that way in X-E2. I think it's same behavior in X-E1 as well.

I think first time X-T1 introduced feature to shoot over EVF Only and be able to preview on LCD.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so dissapointed this option is not avaliable with XE2 (EVF shooting mode, LCD viewing mode).

Yukosteel, is it avaliable with Xpro2, not only XT1?

Every now and then I give a different mirrorless camera a try (first it was Olympus Pen, Sony, and now Fuji), and I always get dissapointed with the amount of experimentation and inconsistency in functionality. With a DSLR you always know what to expect. Whichever DSLR brand you choose, you don't even have to read a manual. It's so simple and straight forward.

Why, why, why no EFV shooting- LCD viewing?!?

And not only viewing, I can't change settings neither! I have to change settings loking through viewfinder. How you can possibly do that, have you tried it?

So many good things about this camera, but again the same thing - no SLR experiance possible.

Edited by Dook

I had X-E1 for about year, and didn't have such option there. I don't see anything like that in latest FW for X-E1 as well.

I mostly used eye sensor mode on X-E1, and use same on X-E2 now.

In the X-E1 you can set the view mode to LCD, while keeping the shooting mode on EVF. Menu display is coupled with the view mode.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

In the X-E1 you can set the view mode to LCD, while keeping the shooting mode on EVF. Menu display is coupled with the view mode.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks! Good to know it's possible now in current X-E1 firmware. I've sold my X-E1 about 1.5 years ago.

It always worked with the X-E1.

Can you share exact selected camera settings/steps to make it possible?

I was not able to configure that in my X-E1.

Goal:

EVF only mode for shooting, LCD is not active.

LCD only mode when previewing pictures.

Just press the VIEW MODE button until the desired mode appears—separately in shooting and playback mode, of course. It's part of my Pro1/E1 book, so it must have been there forever, because those books were written in 2012. Sadly, that button doesn't exist on the X-E2, and the assigned Fn equivalent doesn't work in playback mode (Fn buttons are shooting mode only).

Just press the VIEW MODE button until the desired mode appears—separately in shooting and playback mode, of course. It's part of my Pro1/E1 book, so it must have been there forever, because those books were written in 2012. Sadly, that button doesn't exist on the X-E2, and the assigned Fn equivalent doesn't work in playback mode (Fn buttons are shooting mode only).

Thank you! Looks like I missed to do it right with X-E1, now it sounds so simple.

Yes, it's a pity that some important functionality is lost in newer model.

My camera had 3.0 version. Now I updated it to 4.0 and I found out that there is an automatic review file option (0.5 or 1.5 sec). It is, more less, all I needed for review. Still only in EVF review if you are at EVF only, but helpful. 

What I only miss now is LCD display functionality for toggling through my settings, while on EVF only option. Doing that through EVF makes me feel like an idiot, I don't know why.

Another thing that happened during this first week with XE2, caused by this EVF LCD shooting reviewing issue, is that I started to use LCD for shooting more and more. Very strange for a hard core DSLR user, but with XE2 it feels so natural. The LCD is great when cleaned up from all the symbols.