Fuji X-E3 rumors

Patrick FR

They seem to have learned that they need to space out the introduction of new cameras in order to not compete with themselves.

By not overcrowding the market at the same time they even manage to sell multiple bodied to the same customers.

Maybe the X-T3 and the X-E4 will be my next camera, who knows... .

They seem to have learned that they need to space out the introduction of new cameras in order to not compete with themselves.

By not overcrowding the market at the same time they even manage to sell multiple bodied to the same customers.

Maybe the X-T3 and the X-E4 will be my next camera, who knows... .

I quote hands down. People should think to take pictures, instead saying "what will be the next model?" just after a new model comes up.

To me the X-E2s never made much sense as an upgraded X-E2 is so very similar. Also, I don't know why they introduced an X-T20 before an X-E3, it's almost as if Fuji think that the X-E2 is old news and the new boy is the X-T10/20 line. I personally like the X-E2 very much, it is my favourite Fuji. I'd very much like to see an X-E3 soon, even if it's just an X-T20 reshaped into an X-E2 style. That said, I (banging the same old drum here!) still want IBIS even if no-one else does!

I'd also like to see a wide angle prime in the region of about 12mm with an f2 aperture.

In essence, for me (but not everyone's cup of tea perhaps), I'd like the X-E3 to have the XT-2 sensor, IBIS, weather sealing and an articulated (or tilt-able) rear screen all in a body similar to an X-E2.

Never understood the X-E2S myself and the entire shenanigan that was involved at the time with the lack of any upgrade for the X-E2 ( while all the rest of the cameras with interchangeable lenses did) and then at the same time releasing the firmware upgrade and the “ new” model!

This time around the spacing is , clearly to make people buy because of lack of alternatives.

So the first rush of X pro 2 ( no video improvement) came, lots of people bought them abut some had second thoughts. That was followed by the X-T2 which was bought for its video capability, but the camera needs a large battery holder to operate as intended. Then the X100F and the X-T20 ( the maverick). 

Now, creating suspense ... what will the next camera do and at what price?

Will the X-E3 be just a X-Pro 2 without the OVF? Will it give video capability? Will it cost as little as the X-T20? Will it cost more?

Patrick has announced ( unbearable suspense and drum roll) that Fuji is yet to release the Fuji X “ non plus ultra” Ultimate X camera a camera that will be WAY more expensive than any other X ( and then how do you top the un-toppable camera?).

The introduction of the GFX has in any case set the limit. As long as that camera is there the X series will never (even if it were technically possible) anywhere near the performance of the GFX ( which is said already to be in future to have 100Mp or 200Mp).

Never understood the X-E2S myself and the entire shenanigan that was involved at the time with the lack of any upgrade for the X-E2 ( while all the rest of the cameras with interchangeable lenses did) and then at the same time releasing the firmware upgrade and the “ new” model!

This time around the spacing is , clearly to make people buy because of lack of alternatives.

So the first rush of X pro 2 ( no video improvement) came, lots of people bought them abut some had second thoughts. That was followed by the X-T2 which was bought for its video capability, but the camera needs a large battery holder to operate as intended. Then the X100F and the X-T20 ( the maverick). 

Now, creating suspense ... what will the next camera do and at what price?

Will the X-E3 be just a X-Pro 2 without the OVF? Will it give video capability? Will it cost as little as the X-T20? Will it cost more?

Patrick has announced ( unbearable suspense and drum roll) that Fuji is yet to release the Fuji X “ non plus ultra” Ultimate X camera a camera that will be WAY more expensive than any other X ( and then how do you top the un-toppable camera?).

The introduction of the GFX has in any case set the limit. As long as that camera is there the X series will never (even if it were technically possible) anywhere near the performance of the GFX ( which is said already to be in future to have 100Mp or 200Mp).

Well I'd hate to be the person who bout the GFX with "only" 50mp when a 100mp or more is just around the corner.  It seems that between computers and cameras you have to buy a new one every Monday morning to stay current.    

A diamond is forever. :rolleyes:

A camera... not quite so much. ;)  :D

There is not even any need for programmed obsolescence ( the shutters of the X cameras are said to be programmed to cease working after 100.000 or maybe 200.000 actuations).

Most cameras will be sold ( or kept as a backup which in most cases means no longer used) after 3 years tops which they are still perfectly working and delivering the same incredible results they were when they were the top of the market just a year ago! :ph34r:

Edited by milandro

I've never ever shot with T-shirt (Tx, Tx0) cameras but today I finally imagine that my X-E2 has EVF right in the center of its body... I pressed my face to the camera, hurt my nose, said f**k, pressed it ones again, said ffff**k, then I looked with my right eye through the finder located in the corner, said f*****k and smiled. ;)

That's good. I'm very interested in E3.
I have E2S and found it more suitable for my needs than my T1, mainly due to the ergonomic (nose factor).
What I like in E2S - smaller size, threaded shutter button, good auto mode with quick access via dedicated button (please, Fuji, let us RAWs in auto), also panorama mode works better.
Probably it's related to my copies of both cameras, but I get sometimes a little smeared corners from T1, and almost perfect picture from E2S with the same lens.

I think the whole 24mp thing still eludes me for non-professional use. It merely means larger files (or issues with RAW converters being unable to read compressed files) and more RAM needed for my computer.

With the maximum A3 sized prints that I create, 16mp is more than enough.

Bottom line, it would be great when Fujifilm kept an updated 16mp model in their line-up. Won't happen of course ;)

Careful Johan, In many languages there is a saying more or less sounding as : “ Don’t talk of rope in the house of the hangman “.  ;) !

This is an highly unpopular view! :rolleyes: There are good chances that you are going to be called unspeakable names if you pursue your evil ways!

Repent! Resistance is futile!  :D

zvstwj.jpg

I quote hands down. People should think to take pictures, instead saying "what will be the next model?" just after a new model comes up.

Even in the past ten years, from one camera company to another, earth shaking marvels of technological progress have dazzled us salivating living beings suffering from G.A.S. (the shopping kind...!) and camera manufacturers have egged us on to buy buy buy while rubbing their hands in glee and dangling the next goody. The promise/assurance, sometimes veiled though often not, has been that the latest model will improve our photography. But has that happened? Has the general quality of photographs improved all that much in the past 10/20/30 years...?

Rhetorical question...

• 3 weeks later...

The problem, that's really not a real problem at least for me, that with the advent of digital, the cameras stand more on the computer side than on photography side.

This means that manufacturers produce a model after the other, introducing little not significant stuff "highly recommended and needed by photographers".

Just to make an example. Years ago I've bought the Sony RX100 that was a great compact camera, when the Mark II was already on the market.

It costed something like 200 more Euros only because it had the viewfinder. I compared the two and the Mark I was quite better.

I think Sony put on the market 4 models in about two years.

Ridiculous.

Well, Lleo,

Many chase the bandwagon. It’s choice whether to run or to let it go. Most people wait for each new model to come and buy it.

Yet, there are people (and I am one of those) who are no longer chasing the bandwagon of the “ new” model, simply because I have found a camera that gives me all I need to have and I have decided to use it until something really much better shows up (pixel count doesn’t impress me much) or util it will die and then it needs replacing.

Of course I have committed to a fair number of lenses so I am not likely to change system in future, but if my camera keeps on working and if nothing impressive (to me) shows up. I am not going to upgrade.

I found reading this illuminating. I know it is not a popular standpoint on a forum which is clearly new products oriented, but I share much of the feeling contained in this article.

http://www.theneweconomy.com/business/the-death-of-digital-photography

“...As camera makers struggle to innovate, consumers are finding little need to upgrade. The market is slowing to the point of inertia – manufacturers need to take a leftfield approach to stay competitive.."

• 4 weeks later...

My thoughts: I have the feeling most of the camera manufacturers will have to "streamline" there range of models due to the enormeous development costs, limitted availability of sensors and strained markets. I'm also a lover of rangefinder cameras and have a X-100T (ev. soon a X-100F) 

but I find myself using more and more often my mobile-camera as well for documenting etc. plus a Panasonic FZ for videos (waiting for the LX200 if ever ...). This means less model varieties and less often new models, BUT more electronic upgrades! We have 3 clear sides of the trade - the expensive high end and professional side with the FF and medium formats and the consumer market which tends to shrink and my be the market for real rugged outdoor cameras. The competition DSLR's vs. mirrorless will intensify. For myself, I notice, as a amateur travel-/streetfotographer, outdoorman, trekker, bushcrafter, sailor the need of a smaller and rugged camera with at least a 3/4 sensor a moderate zoom and 4K. 

Edited by WaveDancer

• 4 weeks later...

Quite looking forward to the X-E3 (provided that it has all the features I want  :wacko: ...) but I'm in no hurry as I am quite enjoying using an X-E1 that I got as it was really cheap. No faults at all, mint condition (as mint as possible for it's age), just seemingly unwanted - but not by me! It's quite refreshing going back to basics.

While Fuji is considering whether to release X-E3, I found myself a new camera...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Fifteen years ago, I put it in the closet Musical Fidelity A2 CD player, bought Rega Planar 3 turntable and ever since listen to mostly vinyl LPs. Maybe it's time to go back to film?

The latest camera I bought was a Newton and Guardia Baby Sybil of about 1913 vintage, the pictures from those cute little 4x3cm plates will rock my world!  :lol: That said, I'll still opt for digital every time! Film is great, I still have plenty of film cameras but don't really want to start processing and printing in a hurry (anyone want to go out stinking of darkroom chemicals?). 

I am still loving my experience with my "vintage" X-E1 but would love to see what the X-E3 will bring us.

Do it! (And share pictures)

I will.

There are some pro-level Labs around, who process films, sсan it, print digitally and optically, so no need to sit in the darkroom. As a matter of fact I see I do to much rubbish shots and hope shooting film will discipline me somehow. Second, I spend much time in PP trying to simulate some films with unsatisfied results. I'd rather spend this time on the streets. So, of cause I'll hardly abandon Fuji completely at this stage and see how things go but if X-E3 just replicate X-T20 I'm not so sure about the purchase.

• 2 weeks later...