X-Pro2 Hands on

Hi all,

i was lucky to get my hands on an X-Pro2 today at a special Fuji Event in a Camera Store in Vienna and i wanted to share my impressions so far:

AF-Stick works really nice. AF seems to be improved. I tried it with the 35mm 1.4, which is supposed to be not he quickest lens and it focused immediately, no hunting, even in the dark corners of the room. This was the biggest surprise for me. The ISO Dial, which was the second thing i was curious about works quite well. For me better than on my X-T1 as you can turn it with your right Hand and i found it easier to pull it than to press the button on the X-T1.

Grip felt nice, a bit less grip than the X-T1 one, bit ok (big hands)

The viewfinder is as known smaller than the X-T1, this would be my biggest concern as i love the viewfinder of the X-T!.

i didn't have an SD Card with me, so i could only check the quality on the back screen. did 6400 RAW and could hardly find any grain.

I wanted to wait for the X-T2 but now i'm not sure :-)

For me its Bigger Viewfinder+Tiltable Screen vs  Af Stick, Dual SD, left Hand EVF (and better Quality, faster AF over X-T1)

They also had the 100-400 lens there. It'S really big. I wouldn't want to use it on this nice compact system.

cheers, Tom

• 3 weeks later...

I also played with it a bit this weekend and I agree with your points. 

The joystick is really really a big improvement. 

I was also surprise at the relative lightness of the camera, given the large size. Maybe we use too many super compact bodies with lots of stuff crammed in... 

Still not too sure how comfortable this body will be with zooms though: will try it with the 16-55 f2.8 later this week.