Lightroom/ACR - free ClassicChrome profile (.dcp) for X-Pro1 & X-E1!

Oh, my first posting in this forum :)

I have something to share with you guys & gals.

I made a .dcp color profile for Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw where I basically tried to reverse engineer the Classic Chrome simulation to have it available for my X-E1 and X-Pro1.

To install it, copy the .dcp file/files to:

Windows: /User/[your username]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/
Mac: /Users/[your username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/

It should appear under the Camera Calibration tab as a profile with the name "Camera Classic Chrome (Homebrew)"

cclr.jpg

Have fun, and feel free to post some examples :)

-> Download the X-E1 Version <-

-> Download the X-Pro1 Version <-

Download V5.1 (published 16.02.2016) here:

Classic Chrome Homebrew V5.1 for X-E1

Classic Chrome Homebrew V5.1 for X-Pro1

Classic Chrome Homebrew V5.1 for X100

Classic Chrome Homebrew V5.1 for X100S

Classic Chrome Homebrew V5.1 for X-T1

Edit: links updated (dropbox killed all links to the 'public' folder)

Edited by Jackalized

Thank you and well done, works well in LR for me with nice results from X-E1 file, see attached example

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing! Would an X100S version be hard to brew? ;)

I changed the 'uniquecamera' parameter to X100S here:

ClassicChrome X-E1/X-Pro1 Homebrew version for X100S

It's the same profile as above, only enabled for the X100S; I don't know how it will look, as I brewed my version based on the first generation x-trans sensor. I tried my version on X-T1 files and it looked very similar to the genuine profile, so it should be ok.

I changed the 'uniquecamera' parameter to X100S here:

ClassicChrome X-E1/X-Pro1 Homebrew version for X100S

It's the same profile as above, only enabled for the X100S; I don't know how it will look, as I brewed my version based on the first generation x-trans sensor. I tried my version on X-T1 files and it looked very similar to the genuine profile, so it should be ok.

Thanks so much! Really appreciate your effort!

Hi, I'm new to this forum, in fact I have just registered so I can post a question here, please accept my apologies.  I am a Fujifilm X shooter so I will no doubt contribute elsewhere anyway.

Right - I have an X-T1 but I also have an X-E1 which I simply adore.  I have followed the instructions to the letter given here to install the Classic Chrome profile for the X-E1 but it stubbornly refuses to work.  It just doesn't appear at all no matter where I copy the file to.  I am using the latest version of LR 5, on a Mac (I'm not a Mac genius).  What am I missing?  Can anyone help me figure it out as I'd love to have this work for my X-E1.  It's fairly important to me as I often shoot with both cameras at events/weddings etc and it's always good to have a consistent look across all images.  The presets you can download don't really cut the mustard.

Thank you in advance if you can help me sort this out.

Ste

Thanks for posting this, I'm a bit hellbent on getting the Classic Chrome look on my X-Pro1 images. So far I have tried four options. I believe your DCP profile is the closest, the second best would be an ICC color profile shared on DP Review. I have tried also "Classic Clonell" but it's colors are way off and Alien Skin Exposure's Kodachrome simulation is too saturated.

Original flat image.

Lightroom - "Camera Classic Chrome - Homebrew"

Capture One - An ICC color profile made from the X-T1 by Scottie Wang on DP Review Forums

It just doesn't appear at all no matter where I copy the file to.  

Are you sure you are putting the DCP file on the correct folder? Are there other DCP files on this folder?

If you installed it correctly the Camera Profile will appear only when the RAF file was shot with the specific camera. If you downloaded the X-E1 version and try to use them on X-Pro1 images it will not appear. Also be sure to be looking for the profile at the very bottom of the develop settings column, in the Camera Calibration - Profile section.

I have downloaded the file for the X-E1, and I have put it in /Users/[your username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/ and I have also only tried to use it with .RAF files from an X-E1, but it doesn't appear in the drop down in camera profile section.  I'm at a complete loss!

The only thing I have noticed is in my CameraProfiles folder, instead of a list of .dcp files there is an Index.dat file, and two folders, 'Adobe Standard' and 'Camera'  Inside Camera there is a long list of folders with camera names, inside each is a .dcp file.  There wasn't a folder in there for the X-E1, so at first I just copied the file to the 'Cameras' folder, it didn't work so I thought if I created a folder in there called Fujifilm X-E1 and dropped the file into that it might work, but it didn't. There is still a copy on its own in the parent 'CameraProfiles' folder too, I would have thought one of them would have worked?

Thanks,

Ste

Ok I made some more tests with this DCP profile along with the Capture One ICC color profile and some forced Silky Pix Classic Chrome via Exif modification.

I believe your simulation is pretty much up there man, I only notticed a magenta cast on the red colors. Is there a way to correct this? I'm feeling very enthusiastic about using this profile.

Thanks for the feedback :)

I did a slight revision of the V5 version (when building the profile, I started 5 times from scratch over a couple of days... each version had several revisions). I now pushed the reds more into orange, this should get rid of the magenta tone Hector highlighted.
There are many subtle changes to hues in the genuine CC profile. It's hard to get them all right, as colors are interlinked. Change one hue und different other color tones can turn bad. I know for a fact that some slight blue tones are different in my profile compared to the original.

Download V5.1 here:

EDIT: for links, see first post in this thread

As the earlier profile, it's based on the X-Trans-I sensor. But works quite well for the X-Trans II (it seems that the base color characteristics of both sensors are very similar). I don't know how it will look applied to X100 files.

Thanks to my friend Nico Janssen for supplying me with tons of OOC ClassicChrome photos + their RAW files.

Edited by Jackalized

Thanks Jackalized for doing the revised versions and the X100. For some reason the X100 does not show up. Am at a loss as to why it doesn't as the XPro-1 does as well as the XT-1. I have tried several times and nothing shows. If you or anyone else could shed some light on this would be much appreciated. Am on a Mac.