I've got an X-Pro2 right now...anything you want to know?

@typeronin have you made a large print for a X-pro 2 file ? If you did, have you compared the same enlargement to one the same print made from a X-T1 ( or X-E2).

I am interested in a comparison between the two sensor in order to understand if, next to the advancements in AF and firmware, there is a real advantage between the new 24Mp sensor images (in printing) as opposed to the older 16Mp.

I have read all the reason why it should be advantageous, but I am really interested in finding out whether in real life, in a real situation one cal look at the same picture, shot with the two cameras and printed very large (A2-1-0) and SEE the difference and make one  want to buy the newer camera, with the newer sensor if one wants to make better large prints.

If the printing quality is the same or thereabouts, the advantage of the new sensor and software might be still useful for some but completely pointless for others.

Nope, didn't print anything from the X-Pro2. 

How does EVF mode work with eye sensor when you leave eyes from viewfinder? Do the back LCD stay On, or can you set the camera to save battery and only access LCD by button?

Thanks,

Andrea

If you select EVF mode with eye sensor, then the EVF is only on when you have your eye up and everything is off when it isn't. Back LCD stays off.

If you select EVF mode with eye sensor, then the EVF is only on when you have your eye up and everything is off when it isn't. Back LCD stays off.

It sounds good, thank you.

By the way, in your experience, how does perform the correction of the parallax error in OVF: is it quite fast and accurate?

Thanks in advance.
Andrea

It sounds good, thank you.

By the way, in your experience, how does perform the correction of the parallax error in OVF: is it quite fast and accurate?

Thanks in advance.
Andrea

The X-Pro2 focuses quite quick and accurately. I still don't think it's on par with the quickest DSLRs. Is the gap big enough that I notice the difference? Yes. Is the gap big enough that I care? No. Stuff like the X-Pro2, EM5-II and just about everything Sony's doing have convinced me that mirrorless is the way to go. The DSLR is dead to me. 

Any remote chance the original fuji xpro1 grip fits on the xpro2? I know the dimensions are slightly different so maybe it still works. Thanks

I realise you're not asking me, and that I don't have access to a Pro2

But no, not without modification

The original grip has a off centre mounting screw (to fit the XP1 off centre tripod mount) and features a centralised tripod mount.

The Pro2 has a central tripod mount already, so if you screw the original grip into the hole, then (even if it fits) the whole grip will be off centred from the body.

It MIGHT fit if you drill out the tripod mount on the original grip, and use that in conjucture with a tripod screw to mount it too the body

• 2 weeks later...

well, “ silent" is a relative concept. Even with the electronic shutter you will always hear some minimal noise coming from the camera produced by the lens.

These noises depend on the model of the lens and the particular copy that you own and the aperture that you are at and if you are focussing always at the same distance or the lens has to focus close and far away.

I have been shooting with he X-T1 ( which for the purpose of noise will be the same or very close to the X-Pro 2 since the X-T1 has an electronic shutter too) during  the recording of a live CD and there was very little noise even with the 35mm f1.4 which they all say is very noisy, mine wasn’t.

Thank you for the info, So its close to the XT-1 thats good.

So im a little confused on the term electronic shutter and the manual shutter on this camera?

Can you explain please. ....If wanted it as silent as possible, couldn't i keep it on Electronic shutter all the time, with every shutter speed possible?

What can't i do under this mode?

Cheers

G

Because, Fuji chose to do that this way, the electronic shutter in incompatible with certain functions of the Fuji cameras.

So you may have it all all the time but then certain things wouldn’t work like with the  flash or use it in focus tracking mode or you may have “ banding” in your image if you use fluorescent light or TV or computer Monitor lit scenes

Here is the list

http://www.fujirumors.com/disappointed-with-fuji-x-t1-firmware-4-0-here-is-why/

Edited by milandro

Again, probably you are writing on the go and are synthesizing ...I don’t get your question.

I will attempt to answer all the same.

EVF OVF or LCD don’t have anything to do with the electronic shutter.

This shutter is absolutely silent, the lens emits minimum sound, using the electronic shutter is not compatible with all the fuctions of the camera. You therefore use one or the other or both ( there is a mode which actually uses both) when appropriate.

In order to decide when this is appropriate you need to learn to use the camera.

Good luck!