I've got an X-Pro2 right now...anything you want to know?

The obvious question, besides "Where did you get it?" is about the AF. How quick is it, and how good is it at focusing on what you want it to focus on. When I'm shooting on the street the X-Pro1 will sometimes focus on the background instead of what I want it to focus on. I guess I'd like to know how well the face and eye detect works on the X-Pro2. 

I only shot with it last night for a couple hours but so far focus seems quick and accurate for what I do. I stick with single point focus and I LOVE THE JOYSTICK for selecting. For someone like me coming from a Canon 5D Mark III, it feels more natural than the D-pad on the X-T1.

It lets me shoot RAW + JPEG but as far as I know, there's no support for the RAWs yet. Also, part of my agreement with Fuji says I can't share the raw files since it's a pre-production model.

I did not shoot with an X-Pro1. I have an X-T1 as my primary camera. I don't see a big diff with 8 more MP but ISO performance is an improvement and I really enjoy the new Arcos B/W simulation filter for night street photography.

Not sure how face and eye detect are yet...maybe I'll set up a little shoot for the weekend and see.

In real world usage, eg low light, how much faster is the AF than on the XT1?

What's the build quality like compared to the XT1, specifically the tactile feedback of the dials, are they too easy to turn? The EV dial is always one that seems to be easy to knock out of position on the other Fuji bodies

Does the power on/switch still have quite a lot of lateral play? Eg can you wiggle back and forth like you can on the Pro1 and XT1?

How accurate is the OVF for focusing? If you only used it in OVF mode, then would you trust it to pick the correct subject, or are focusing issues connected to parallax still present?

Thanks very much! I might think of more stuff to ask you :)

I'm interested in a few small details. The AF joystick; is it also a push button? If so, is it customisable? I'd really like to make it be an AF-on button, so I can move the AF point and focus without moving my thumb away from the joystick.

The ISO dial; is it easy to use quickly or is it quite difficult to get hold of?

How do you find the grip on the camera; nice and positive or do you see it needing an additional grip?

Thanks in advance :) 

In real world usage, eg low light, how much faster is the AF than on the XT1?

What's the build quality like compared to the XT1, specifically the tactile feedback of the dials, are they too easy to turn? The EV dial is always one that seems to be easy to knock out of position on the other Fuji bodies

Does the power on/switch still have quite a lot of lateral play? Eg can you wiggle back and forth like you can on the Pro1 and XT1?

How accurate is the OVF for focusing? If you only used it in OVF mode, then would you trust it to pick the correct subject, or are focusing issues connected to parallax still present?

Thanks very much! I might think of more stuff to ask you :)

Focus seems faster than the X-T1 but that might just be because I'm comparing the 35mm F2 to the old 35mm F1.4. I'll try both with the 16 and 56 this weekend.

Build is very good but it feels lighter than I thought it would. D-pad is clicky rather than spongy on the X-T1 and the EV dial moves pretty well. I didn't really have a problem with the X-T1 EV dial.

I didn't even notice that about the on-off before. X-Pro2's doesn't wiggle like the X-T1's.

Honestly, I haven't used the OVF every much. The new 85fps EVF is fantastic although it's about 30% smaller than the X-T1's. That part is honestly the dealbreaker for me, really. I can't go back after shooting with basically a big screen TV for a viewfinder for the last year.

I'm interested in a few small details. The AF joystick; is it also a push button? If so, is it customisable? I'd really like to make it be an AF-on button, so I can move the AF point and focus without moving my thumb away from the joystick.

The ISO dial; is it easy to use quickly or is it quite difficult to get hold of?

How do you find the grip on the camera; nice and positive or do you see it needing an additional grip?

Thanks in advance :)

Yes, it is a push button. No, it is not a customizable Fn button (although this is a pre-production model so the firmware on it might not be the final). Also, the top D-pad button is always DRIVE. Only the left, right, down are customizable Fn buttons.

I'll admit the ISO dial stumped me a bit at first but after I RTFM, it's no problem at all.

I have...medium sized hands? I find that my pinky finger has nowhere to go and my thumb isn't correctly positioned for the grip. That said, way more comfortable to hold than the X-T1 but I think even if I bought the X-Pro2, I'd need some sort of grip on it. 

The X-Pro2 EVF is much smaller. About a quarter to 30% smaller, I'd estimate.

Completely unscientific...I just held both of them to my head at the same time. X-Pro2 with my left eye and X-T1 with my right.

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi,  I wear spectacles all of the time, because I am short sighted.  On some cameras I have difficulty with viewfinders because I cannot see enough of the frame to compose the image correctly.  I have an X-T1 which is fine.  Is the viewfinder the X-Pro2 likely to be alright for people that wear specs?

I recently noticed on my X100T that the AF is slower using the OVF only. I guess when the RVF or EVF is activated it uses pdaf. With OVF, it's seems like it does not. So I was wondering if you also experience a difference in AF performance on the X-PRO2 between the OVF and the RVF/EVF. Thanks!