I've got an X-Pro2 right now...anything you want to know?

Can you take some pics of objects with specular highlights?  Things such as a shiny faucet, bright tiny little lights.  I think I maybe seeing some white discs / orbs on some sample XPro2 image.  Just want to check to see if it is a real problem or not.  Thanks.

Thanks so much for doing this XP2 AMA!

I did a quick calculation using PS that showed the X-T1 viewfinder is about 11% bigger than the X-Pro2.

You're welcome!

I would take my crappy phone EVF pics with a grain of salt. It's actually much harder to tell in actual use. The X-Pro2's EVF doesn't look small...it's a great EVF. The 85fps is amazing.

However, the X-T1's is bigger and if you use them back-to-back or (like I did) X-Pro2 right eye, X-T1 left eye...it's significant. 

When using OVF, if you press the menu button on the back of the camera, does the menu appear on the LCD like it did on the X-Pro1, the X100, the X100S, and also like it does on Canon, Nikon, Leica and all reputable cameras?

Or have Fuji made the same unbelievable error that they made on the X100T, where the main menu ONLY appears inside the viewfinder?

Thanks.

When using OVF, if you press the menu button on the back of the camera, does the menu appear on the LCD like it did on the X-Pro1, the X100, the X100S, and also like it does on Canon, Nikon, Leica and all reputable cameras?

Or have Fuji made the same unbelievable error that they made on the X100T, where the main menu ONLY appears inside the viewfinder?

Thanks.

When using the OVF, if you press the menu button, the OVF switches to the EVF and displays the menu.

If you are in the Viewfinder Only modes, the menu stays in the EVF. If you are on Eye Sensor mode, it goes to the LCD when you pull your face away.

There's definite improvement here. I shot mostly in downtown Vancouver at night but I did find focus snappier than on my X-T1. I usually used the EVF...

Hi. How do you compare the AF performance with EVF and OVF. How does the camera does the zone tracking with OVF? Thank you for your efforts.

Thanks so much for doing this XP2 AMA!

I did a quick calculation using PS that showed the X-T1 viewfinder is about 11% bigger than the X-Pro2.

The actual magnification difference is about 30% when you trust the numbers from Fuji.

11% physically bigger or visually bigger?

Visually based on the perspective of the image provided.

Is that a linear (width or height) difference or an area difference?

Dan

Area. I remeasured and got 13.4%.

I simply traced a rectangle around the edges of the image of the pencils in the viewfinder. Both because it is easiest to define and because it's the most important part. I took the length and width in pixels as provided by PS to calculate the areas for each.

I just measured the change like you do other things. Is it measured differently for area?

How is it using the OVF with the 16mm? Possible at all? A photo of through the viewfinder would be magical if you could.

Thanks!

The picture that displays the "32" frameline? That's a 16mm mounted on the camera.

Can you change the ISO easily while still looking through the viewfinder? I have my X-Pro1 setup so that I can easily do this with the down button just below the 'Menu/OK' button. I like the idea of the ISO being around the speed dial, but hope that won't mean having to take my eye away from the viewfinder to change the ISO.

It's no different than any of the other dials, really. You can see the ISO on your EVF.

I guess there's a bit of an issue if you have huge hands or super bushy eyebrows...

Thanks for all of this. Especially the picture of the viewfinders. I have an XT-1 and X100T. I really like the range finder functionality of x100t, and really like my tilt screen and large view finder on the XT-1. I have an xpro2 on preorder with the hopes that by adding say a 27 pancake, I could replace the two cameras with one. (I already have the 10-24 but use it more for landscape than street). 

If the damn thing would have come with tilt screen and larger view finder would be perfect for my choice and preference.  Decisions decisions decisions....

I hear you. My ideal camera would be an X-Pro2 body with a X-T1 EVF and a fully articulated screen. I don't understand why we can have tilt screens but not articulated ones. It's just a hinge!

I could do without the OVF. It's super cool but really I don't find myself using it much. I do enjoy the rangefinder styling and functionality (button arrangement, eyecup on the side) but the EVF size difference and lack of a tilt screen (you don't miss it until it's gone!) is a minus for me.

Hi. How do you compare the AF performance with EVF and OVF. How does the camera does the zone tracking with OVF? Thank you for your efforts.

Didn't really notice a diff in AF between the two except that some features (like face detect) don't work with the OVF.

I didn't try the zone tracking. I don't do a lot of that, really.

Thanks Typeronin for sharing so interesting information!!

I'm trying to switch to XPro coming from 5DIII. Please, given you have used the same body:

In single shoot how great -aprox.- is the difference in speed and accuracy between XPro 2 and that DSLR?? (especially in low light conditions).

How is -aprox- the XPro2 ISO 6400 vs that DSLR?? Are the shadows in the APS-C much noiser?

Thank you in advance.

Alejandro

Visually based on the perspective of the image provided.

Area. I remeasured and got 13.4%.

I simply traced a rectangle around the edges of the image of the pencils in the viewfinder. Both because it is easiest to define and because it's the most important part. I took the length and width in pixels as provided by PS to calculate the areas for each.

I just measured the change like you do other things. Is it measured differently for area?

Thanks.

This is what I read from the specs.

Viewfinder size, x-pro1 - 0.47 inch, x-pro2 - 0.48 inch and x-t1 - 0.50 inch. 

Thanks Typeronin for sharing so interesting information!!

I'm trying to switch to XPro coming from 5DIII. Please, given you have used the same body:

In single shoot how great -aprox.- is the difference in speed and accuracy between XPro 2 and that DSLR?? (especially in low light conditions).

How is -aprox- the XPro2 ISO 6400 vs that DSLR?? Are the shadows in the APS-C much noiser?

Thank you in advance.

Alejandro

There's really no substitute for true DSLR focus speed. Well, actually...there's no substitute for high-end DSLR speed. A pro class DSLR like a 5D3 or a Nikon D800 will be a heck of a lot faster than the X-Pro or the X-T1 but c'mon they also cost several times more. 

In low-light I find the EVF makes the biggest difference. It's like night-vision and the X-Pro has gotten even better than the X-T1 at this because of the even higher refresh rate. The new Arcos filter looks fantastic in low-light. It's a little HDR looking when you pump up the dynamic range but all handheld. LOVED shooting with Arcos. 

And the noise...there's definitely visible noise at 6400 or 12800 but the detail is still sharp enough in most situations. I'll post some samples in a bit. JPEG only though...I have no way of processing these RAW files so I've just resized JPEGs.

The noise looks quite good though. Can it really be called noise at this point? I can still tell it's digital but it does give shots...texture.