I've got an X-Pro2 right now...anything you want to know?

I'll get back to everyone probably Monday. I'm going to spend the weekend actually shooting with the camera as much as possible since I probably have to return it next week.

And before you ask me about changes from the X-Pro1, I never had an X-Pro1 so my experience is limited to when I played with it at Fuji events or at the store.

Oh and I believe the release date has been moved to the end of February.

I recently noticed on my X100T that the AF is slower using the OVF only. I guess when the RVF or EVF is activated it uses pdaf. With OVF, it's seems like it does not. So I was wondering if you also experience a difference in AF performance on the X-PRO2 between the OVF and the RVF/EVF. Thanks!

In addition to this what do you think about zone + AF-C with OVF/RVF? How is the tracking? How good is the real time parallax correction? Thanks.

Hi
About that AF-L button on the right (of the right)...
I always disable the autofocus function on the shutter button (on all my cameras) and instead of that I use the "AF-L" button on the back with my thumb. On the Xpro2 its position seems odd, can we program the AF-L on another button ? Maybe instead AE-L button ? Or everywhere else :)

Thanks a lot.

Yes please! I Have some questions!

- Has single shot to single shot time improved? It was really slow with the XT1, at least not nearlly as fast as any DSLR even budget ones.  It was the main motive I sold mine.

- Can you take single shots with continuous shooting mode selected? That would solve the single shot time but was impossible to do with the XT1,  always took at least two and really slowed down...and showed that anoying animation on screen.

-Will flash work with continuous shooting? 

Thank you so much!

Hi and congratulations!

I have a few questions for you.

1) Does the camera still fire off at least 3 frames if the drive dial is on the CL setting or can you leave it on CL and fire a single shot by releasing the shutter button quickly ?

2 ) The Magic Joystick® , can it work as a Fn button or can it not be pressed at all?

Thanks! 

The X-Pro2 EVF is much smaller. About a quarter to 30% smaller, I'd estimate.

Completely unscientific...I just held both of them to my head at the same time. X-Pro2 with my left eye and X-T1 with my right.

/this is very disappointing. Smaller EVF than my X-E2 = deal breaker for me, also:(

The obvious question, besides "Where did you get it?" is about the AF. How quick is it, and how good is it at focusing on what you want it to focus on. When I'm shooting on the street the X-Pro1 will sometimes focus on the background instead of what I want it to focus on. I guess I'd like to know how well the face and eye detect works on the X-Pro2. 

Hi there,

Maybe you should read this: http://vopoku.com/fujifilm-ovf-focusing/

No more focus on infinity issue for me!

/this is very disappointing. Smaller EVF than my X-E2 = deal breaker for me, also:(

I did a bit of reading about "eyepoint" and other things that I had not considered before. The eyepoint on the XPro2 is the same as it was on the XPro1, which doesn't seem like an awful thing. 

There are tradeoffs with the hybrid optical/electronic viewfinder that probably make producing a greater eyepoint distance and greater magnification problematic, in terms of design and/or cost. 

Dan

How do the resolution and DR "feel" compared to the X-T1 - not on test targets, but in real world use? I know DR will be hard to judge due to 8 bit JPEGs - no way to see what's left in highlights or shadows...

Thanks!

Dan

Dynamic range looks pretty damned good. Significant improvement over the X-T1. I went around shooting at ISO 12,800 at night in the city and especially using the new B&W filters, things look great. Pumped up to 400% DR, it looks almost HDR in some photos. I'll post samples when I've got them downloaded.

And as far as I know, there's no way to edit the RAW files at the moment but I assume you can push the limits even more then.