Hello everyone,

I got myself a Fujifilm X-T10 a couple of days ago and I just want to know if there is any way to reset the AF point with a button to the middle of the frame. I know this function is there on the Canon EOS 5D III, where you just press the joystick in to reset the AF to the middle point. I am not sure about it but I had an X-E1 some time ago for a few weeks and I think I could reset the AF point bi pressing the control wheel on the back of the camera.

Now, when I press the wheel on the back of the X-T10 it will reset the box size but not move the point to the middle. I'd like to have a quick way to reset my AF point so I know when I put the camera to my eye that there is my AF point waiting for me in the middle if I need to grab a quick shot. Right now if I use it somwhere near the corners I need to look for my AF point and sometimes it is just hard to find or in the worst location imaginable... fiddleing with the buttons to move it somwhere usable for my subject more often than not results in a missed shot. I just really got used to this function on the Canon 5D and I don't want to miss it on the Fuji, especially when there is some kind of half-reset with the press of the back wheel.

Please tell me that I just overlooked some menu point where you can set the camera up like this. Please. I'm already bummed that the wheel direction to change things like ISO cannot be inverted...

Alright, I know it's not the gentlemans way to write a reply on ones own topic/question but I found the solution to my own problem. It seems that I was misguided by the clickywheel.

So here is the answer if anyone else wants to know:

Just press the DISP/BACK button!

Yep, too easy. Who would've thought. Sorry for wasting your time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By zuluviper
      I am using a X-E1 camera with a vintage Canon FD 50mm F1.8 lens. 
      When I take an image the result is always soft, even though the viewfinder or screen show a very sharp image, however as soon as I press the shutter pre-view the image is soft, and when I take the photograph, the result is soft - like it is very slightly out of focus. I have used this with focus peaking and everything looks sharp. Am I correct in assuming that images seen on the screen when focusing is via the lens? is it the lens? or my setting or my manual focusing ability. some help will be useful, TIA.
    • By triptomoon
      I'm new to the Fuji system and I would like to know if it's possible to set a focus zone and tell the camera to "only search for faces in that specific area", instead of hunting everywhere in the image and end up focusing on some passer-by in the background? Also, when face/eye detection isn't hitting the right target, what's the quickest way to manually toggle out of it? I tried moving my focus point with the joystick but the camera would fight me and keep picking up faces in the areas I don't want. Does anyone have a solution with this? I'm using an X-T30. 
    • By paulbroad
      British heavy bomber rear gunner. Museum display. XT-3 focus stacking feature.
    • By nico-m
      Hello everyone, 
      First post on this forum so let me introduce myself : Nicolas, fuji x100 user when this camera was released, sold it and regret it, fuji x100f user for a month.
      I would like to report an odd behavior which is supposed to be fixed in the latest firmware as per Fuji detailed report here https://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/x100f/history.html
      0/ my fuji X100F is running the latest firmware (2.11)
      1/ In manual focus mode:
      2/ Whether:
      I use the AEL/AFL button to acquire focus Or use the front ring to manually focus (the area in focus is highlighted with the focus peak option so I know precisely what is in focus)
      3/ AND focusing at short distance (less than 50 cm)
      4/ AND using any aperture smaller than f/2.0 (the smallest the aperture, the biggest lens moves: see point 5/ below)
      5/ When I press the shutter button, the lens slightly moves (obvious move) before the picture is acquired, thus ruining what is in focus.
      I have repeated the same process in AF/S and everything works fine.
      Anyone experienced this behavior?
      Do you know if the fuji website has a link to submit incident request?
      Thanks for reading !
      Nicolas
    • By FromanZA
      Anyone having/had problems with factory standard settings, brand new x-t3 with kit 18-55 lens and focus hunting? I cant find anything online about this so assumed it was me...until I showed Fuji.
      Lens fully zoomed in on a parking lot, no moving cars, or trees, shot in daylight, plenty to focus on (IE not a white wall), using factory set focus settings straight after a reset of camera, OIS on or off made no difference, ISO auto, shutter @ 1/60, aperture manual, 4k30, shot handheld, AF-C, UV filter on lens, focus point was central in frame (nothing moving) and about 20 meters away and nothing in between camera lens and focus point (trees).
      To try and find out what was causing the problem I set the aperture to f20 = approx 2 second hunting frequency (from completely blurry to sharp, IE not a small hunt, its like it moves from extreme to extreme). As I reduce the aperture towards f16, frequency increases to say 0.5 seconds and then at f10 its not possible to see on the camera screen that there is hunting.
      My test seems to show its aperture & zoom related, regardless, I cant accept that this is ok.
      Above video in question was shot at the Fuji HO in South Africa to demonstrate the problem to Fuji so I don't have the video at the moment because I sent the camera in due to this hunting problem. They still don't know what the problem might be so I thought I would reach out and see if anyone can reproduce my problem so I can help Fuji help me solve my problem.
      I have had a consistent problem with focus on the camera with a hit rate of probably 60%, video & photo. Even when the camera locks focus in AF-S mode, stationary scene, eye focus mode on and face mode on, photo mode, the camera will miss the shot and focus on the rear of the head region while it tells me its focused on the eye when clicking the rear dial in to show the focus point.
      Any insight would be appreciate!