swivel trigger clip - strap

Before I turned to a combination of Peak Design and Black Rapid straps, I used to use Domke's 'Gripper Strap with Swivel Quick Release' with my X-T1s. Never had a problem with the swivels scratching the camera, though you'll have to watch how you position the strap when you stuff the camera into your bag - as long as it's brought to the front of the body and not resting against the LCD, it'll be fine. 

Some time ago I've decided to made custom metal hooks. They can be released in a second by rotating 180 degrees with putting extra force in the middle.

These hooks are made of very strong spring steel, used for bulldog paper clips. So they are very durable, and didn't fail for more then year of use.

That time I often switched finger/wrist/neck strap, and it was the most compact solution I could find.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Later I've realized the slim leather strap is most often used. So decided to attach it firm without extra parts in the following way.

I really like the “ studs” on the X-T1. I should think that it is a nut and bolt construction. 

If that is the case the only thing would be to make sure that the bolt cannot screw-off by mistake ( which can certainly be helped with the weakest of the Loctite Thread locker line, the 222 ).

You could certainly refine it a little bit and market this ( with a small tube of loctite to match).

Thanks for the recommendation on Loctite Thread locker, it will definitely help to make it more secure.

Sorry for off-top , do you also know good grease solution for helicoid adapter thread ? I've purchased Japanese helicoid grease #10 and #40 but it's too smooth and loose.

I'm looking for some grease that adds more tight move to helicoid.