New rumors have already begun. Proof of the 32/33mm !?

Maurice

In a video from (the awesome) bigheadtaco, a new X-Pro2 feature to preview framelines is shown.

With the wide magnification, a frameline for 32mm appears. Is this for the rumored 32 / 33mm F1.0 ?

Video here: https://youtu.be/jPtaZKF8q2o?t=22m0s

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edit: In an image that mikemander took, it does show a frameline of 33mm.

Possibly he was using an earlier (or later) version of the pre-production firmware.

The Zeiss would be my guess.

Good call ! :( Completely forgot about that one with all the announcements going on.

Still, i'm hoping.

33 is such a strange focal length though, here's hoping they round it down to 32 indeed.

Silly i know, but at least they can combine the framelines if indeed they're showing support for the Zeiss here. =)

I wonder if you're able to choose between wide or standard magnification when shooting 32mm, i think i would prefer the latter even if it's a little tight.

Interesting feature in any case, this framelines preview.

Updated the post with an image where the frameline is actually 33mm, not 32mm!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

You can choose on the xpro1 by holding the ovf/evf switch for 4 seconds so I doubt they'd remove that feature

Of course not ! But i didn't know (or forgot) about it, and it seems to be updated now.

I wonder, does the Pro1 show the 90mm with latest firmware? And what about 32mm?

Well, the frameline doesn't zoom past a certain point that's quite early in the zoom range on my 50-140. I guess they don't do it because the parallax correction would just be too inaccurate.

Yes, but what about the framelines preview option we were talking about?

That would kill off their X100 series. I could live with a pancake 23 F2.8 tho and I know I am not the only one around :D

Off-topic: I doubt it, since a x-mount lens can't be built half of more into the body, it goes 'in front' of it. But the X100 is about way more than a flat lens. (has been discussed numerous times already)

I really want a 33mmF1. 

I really want one, too. But as I don't know how large it needs to be, I'd rather have someone make a more educated decision. I don't want a super slow focusing behemoth with super soft corners, incredible vignetting and all kinds of other optical issues. If they could make one in a size below the 56, maybe even around the size of the 23, that would be outstanding. I know that entry pupil size plays a role, so just saying ... 

And I'd be willing to pay a fair price for it. But I'm not willing to pay Noctilux price/quality ratio which is absolutely abysmal.

I´m sure, if fuji really is bringing that to the market, the 33mm f1,0 will be the best (in terms of IQ) faster-than f/1,2 standard-prime in the world...across all systems. But unfortunately it also will be the most expensive XF (prime) lens ever.

• 2 weeks later...