Diopter adjustment X-Pro 1

Guest Ridgeback

Guest Ridgeback

Since I never bought my dream camera, the X-Pro 1, because Fuji in their never-ending wisdom didn't give it what 99% of cameras have today - diopter adjustment - I would like to know how those here who a] have an X-Pro 1 and b] need glasses have solved this problem.

The only other company I know that is idiotic enough not to believe in diopter adjustment is Leica, which is why I never bought an M and only used the 'small' Leicas which had it or didn't need it.

Guest Ridgeback

Any advances on that extremely helpful answer?

Such as:

Where do/did you buy the lens?

Are there different manufacturers? Cos Fuji themselves sure as hell don't make them.

Do/did you have it custom made?

How much was it?

Any advances on that extremely helpful answer?

Such as:

Are there different manufacturers? Cos Fuji themselves sure as hell don't make them.

How much was it?

Yes they do.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=diopter+lenses+for+X-Pro1&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

The Nikon and Voigtlander lenses work as well.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_fb_0_16?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=fujifilm+diopter&sprefix=fujifilm+diopter%2Cphoto%2C142

Such as:

How much was it?

There are several diopters available via Ebay. Search for "X-pro1 Diopter" and there's a series of plus and minus versions available.

Guest Ridgeback

Hah! I never thought of the simplest possibility. Thanks for that.

There are several diopters available via Ebay. Search for "X-pro1 Diopter" and there's a series of plus and minus versions available.

Guest Ridgeback

Thanks TenLayers.

The necessary information is on the prescription from the optician.

I reckon I'll be able to find the other forum without you contravening etiquette or, even worse, falling foul of rules and their enforcers/snitches.

If you are like me and have astigmatism-corrected glasses, you'll need to wear them while looking through the viewfinder.

In that case, my recommendation is quite simple: Use a +1dpt diopter lens. Combined with the X-Pro1's native -1dpt strength, the overall result is 0dpt, and any correction is then left to your glasses.

All I did was take my Xpro1 to a general store that sells off the shelf reading glasses and try on a set and look through camera view finder. You can tell when correct adjustment is reached when the details like f stop or shutter speed numbers etc. are sharp. Note the adjustment on the reading glasses +1 in my case and then buy direct from Fuji web site (as was cheaper than eBay ! ) arrived in 48hrs.

Job done.