Toggle between Manual focus and Autofocus

Sany

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi

Can someone please let me know how to quickly switch between AF and MF with this X-S10 model. In terms of some of the previous models, there is a physical switch that we can toggle back and forth. 

I am asking this considering that I have two lenses one Fuji (auto) and Third party (Manual) - so wondering what is the best and quick way to do this. Also while using the fuji lens - how I can switch to the manual focus at times.

thanks

S

@cpX thanks for your reply. One more question, is it possible to assign multiple functions to a single Fn key. For example, the White Balance Fn button - is it possible to add more Fn to the same button apart from what it is already doing? Sometimes, I feel certain default actions are ideal for me. 😁

Hi Sany,

You want multiple assignments of a single Fn key ? You would have to read in the operating instructions for your X-S10 if this is possible. As far as I know, this is not possible with my X-A1 except for AE/AF.

DSCF6156ka 24mm F1.4.jpg

Hi @cpX thanks for the input, yes I read through the manual. There is no hint of this. Hence my post.

I will keep exploring. Which button would you use to assign 'Preview DOF button' to if you wanted to. If multiple assignment was possible, I may probably use the fn button next to EVF to switch between WB and 'Preview DOF button'.

thanks again

S

2 hours ago, Sany said:

Which button would you use to assign 'Preview DOF button' to if you wanted to...

Hi Sany,

on my Fujifilm X-A1 there is only one Fn button. Therefore, I can only select these. On my Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro, this button is located at the top left of the body next to the lens.

DSCF2236k Markiert.jpg