Switching between manual focus and autofocus lens quickly

Sany

Hi 

I am new to this forum and to the fuji system. Happy to be here. While I am still waiting for my unit to arrive - I am getting prepared.

Question 1: I can see that while using a manual third party lens we are required to input certain values such as focal length and aperture of the lens into the camera body. Is this an optional input to help the post editing software with the information about lens used or is it mandatory to enter in order to use these lens in the fuji body.

Question 2: I have two lenses in hand, one is the Fuji xf28mm f2 and the other one is TTartisans 50mm f1.2. I am starting to think, given that the above inputting process (in previous question above) that will be required for the third party lens - how do I switch between the other lens. Do i need to go into the menu to switch off the third party lens option in order to use the fuji lens? or is there a way to save different profiles so i can switch between these to accomodate the different lenses. If so, can someone please direct me to a step by step instructions or a video on how to do this please.

thank you all and looking forward for a rewarding journey together.

Sany

Welcome to the forum.

1.) Those are optional values, you are not required to enter them. The camera will work with the lens regardless. That information will be entered into an image’s EXIF tags along with other data when the images are stored on the sd card. You have the option of having up to six different manual lenses’ information stored in a handy spot by the camera and you can switch between them as you want. You are not entering the f-stop (aperture number) though, just whether the lens uses f numbers or t numbers (cinematic lenses use t stops rather than f stops). If you do not enter any information, then when you use a manual lens, the default information will be put in the image(s) EXIF data tags.

You do need to tell the camera to ‘shoot without lens’. This is a menu setting you can turn on or off. Leave it turned on for the most part. The camera will automatically switch between Fuji lenses and manual lenses and enter the EXIF on its own. Which I believe is what you are asking in 2.).