Sign in to follow this  
kivi

Shooting the XT-1 in bright sunlight

I have moved over from NIkon DSLR's. So bright sunshine wasn't too much of an issue, as I had OVF. Went to a farmer's market today. It was a bright sunny day and the EVF was quite hard to see through. It seemed that the only way to get more light in was to dig deep into the menu to brighten the screen. Is their a simpler way? Sure wish I could assign an FN button to adjust screen brightness.

I was about to write that it would help us to help you if you tell us where your problems are, but then I saw your second post:

- For me personally, one part of the solution was to get the extended eyecup. It really helps me to block out all external light, but it depends on the shape of your eye socket, and if you wear glasses.

- You can assign the evf-brightness to one field of the Q-menu. This helps to change it quicker.

The long eye cup will help you greatly with that. I had the standard one until my first event in the summer, the very same day I went for the long eye cup and solved a lot of my visibility issues.