If the x-pro 2 and x-t2 were both released tomorrow...

I would go for the EVF and in fact I would hope that they make a far better EVF than the current one... one that facilitate Manual focus drastically... 

when i am using the x pro 1 or m240... there is still a sense of need to check the image under difficult lighting conditions... but when i am using EVF... i can just shoot... there is no need for further editing... The EVF show me the final result i want...  and by having a better control of the EV settings... (current X-t1 is like very clumsy process for me, i shoot with auto iso, auto speed and only control the EV for lighting conditions and manual aperture).. as a photographer, we should concentrate on the image... as we had already selected a very fine tool to make it... 

Since my Left eye is dominate, I will wait for a Rangefinder with the EVF only on the right side of the camera.  Then my greasy face and nose will stay off the LCD and the viewfinder. I don't know why they can't build cameras with a choice of viewfinder positions. P.S.  I want a mid priced Fuji Lens 16-80mm F/4 with a built-in stabilizer.  Fuji ruined the new 16-55mm by leaving the stabilizer out of the lens.

It makes me a little uncomfortable - I'd like to know that Fuji has a clear vision on these two camera lines. There would need to be substantial differences between the two cameras, not just styling. The X-Pro1 got me into fuji, and I cannot imagine not getting the X-Pro2.

I'm waiting a year before rebooting my camera system. As a travel photographer, lightweight matters, but I've already got what it takes to lug around a dSLR, and have faith in that system. I don't have faith in Sony, but having a full frame system is nice, and Fuji is making me nervous lately.. We shall see. 

Put me in the X-t2 camp.  Assuming it has features that the X-t1 doesn't have.  

I much prefer the EVF concept.  Hopefully it will have HSS for flash, a wider bracket range, and (if the X-t1 4.0 firmware doesn't do it) better autofocus in terms of speed and following moving objects.

Jerry

I think they need to articulate the difference between them in terms of what they stand for and who they're aimed at. If it's purely a matter of styling, I'll go for the rangefinder-style XPro2. But if there's a different product philosophy, and if certain performance features are going to be more in evidence in one model versus others in the other, then I might want to hold off until I can compare and see which is right for my style of shooting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Provided the T2 has the 24mp sensor, it will be T2 over Pro2. That extra headroom for cropping etc while maintaining good resolution is the clincher. For me, the T1 just works better in the  studio with and without the vertical grip, more flexibility.

I did like the Pro1 but the OVF had limited use when you using anything over 60mm. The grip was not really flexible when going from landscape to portrait with larger lenses as well. Pro1 buttons were way better than the T1 though. If you shoot mainly street then a Pro2 would be the way to go.

Neither option is the right or wrong choice, it just comes down to what you shoot. 

At this moment, I like my X-T1 more than my X-pro1, but that's largely due to the technical advantages of the X-T1. The X-pro1 does have a nostalgic feel to it, which makes my x-pro1 my carry along street camera and my X-T1 the camera I use if I'm planning to go out to take pictures. I just can't really choose and probably end up having both. As of now, I really don't see any need to replace the XT1 or XP1. 

X-T2.........1000%

I love my X-T1 and I will jump on the X-T2 as soon as it comes out!!!!

Jumping on cameras is typically not recommended.  I know it's cool to have some wear or brassing on your camera, but let's get there without the abuse.  Hmm... unless the new X-T2 is rumoured to be jump-resistant?  Do we have a trusted source on that?

X-T2 for me, I would think.  Though, I have not put an X-Pro1 to use, so can't really judge my thoughts on it.  I'm just completely besotted with the EVF and now that I've gotten used to it, there's no going back (as much as I do honestly love a good rangefinder).  But, realistically, the risk of divorce increases exponentially with the shortening of release cycles, so it may be an X-T6 or X-T7 for me.  Well, that or a life of bachelorhood, cameras, and loneliness.

I wonder which secret weapon Fuji has to counter the Sony A7RII, or better, serious market strategy to proceed in the premium MILC segment.  The current range of A7's must be the most perfect solution and despite all the Fujinon kudos, you can't go wrong with Zeiss - they are proving since decades to be the best lens manufacturer in the whole industry.

Where is Fuji's next step? When will Fuji have a compelling (organic) sensor having the same ISO-performance as their closest competition? On sensor stabilisation? A higher resolution, that matches Sony? Get rid of that current X-trans CFA concept that generated more problems than it ever solved in post? Nothing of that, likely the X-E3 with again the old 16MP, that's what in the pipeline I'm afraid and the X-Pro2 will be too little, too late when it's only released over - say 6-7 months from now.

Please, Fuji, save the X-series by releasing something very revolutionary. Sony is doing everything now to kill your business.

To be honest, I don’t know which I should buy before know the detail specs and difference between X-Pro2 and X-T1. (I am not talking about the appearance)

I would rather buy X-T2 with vertical grip because it is obviously convenient for Portrait shooting if both X-Pro2 and X-T2 have the same performance. (Weather seal, the same EVF and magnification degree, AF-C performance)

I wonder which secret weapon Fuji has to counter the Sony A7RII, or better, serious market strategy to proceed in the premium MILC segment. The current range of A7's must be the most perfect solution and despite all the Fujinon kudos, you can't go wrong with Zeiss - they are proving since decades to be the best lens manufacturer in the whole industry.

Where is Fuji's next step? When will Fuji have a compelling (organic) sensor having the same ISO-performance as their closest competition? On sensor stabilisation? A higher resolution, that matches Sony? Get rid of that current X-trans CFA concept that generated more problems than it ever solved in post? Nothing of that, likely the X-E3 with again the old 16MP, that's what in the pipeline I'm afraid and the X-Pro2 will be too little, too late when it's only released over - say 6-7 months from now.

Please, Fuji, save the X-series by releasing something very revolutionary. Sony is doing everything now to kill your business.

Typical pixel peeper / forum warrior comment.

They don't need to do incredible revolutionary OMG WOW things that will impress people for 6 months until something more WOW OMG WOW comes out.

All they need to do is to build a sensible range of excellent glass, well priced, and nice bodies with full, accessible manual controls, aimed at people who know what they do.

Which they are doing well. Hopefully they won't go too much in that face detection and PASM dial way tho, I can't help but wonder "do they think I'm that dumb?" when I see the X-T10...

I wonder which secret weapon Fuji has to counter the Sony A7RII, or better, serious market strategy to proceed in the premium MILC segment.

Simple: The best and most comprehensive APS-C lens lineup in the industry. And hopefully a nice attachment ratio to keep customers locked in.

Sony is doing everything now to kill your business.

Actually, that would be Samsung. Samsung is very strong in the mirrorless APS-C market. Sony has pretty much dropped APS-C in favor of full-frame. They are moving plenty of bodies, but the camera division isn't profitable. So the question is: How long until Sony spins-off the camera division (like they already did with Vaio)? 

As flysurfer said Sony is in another league, the body and lenses are designed for FF and are:

- bigger

- heavier

- more expensive

I'm not saing the Sony lineup is bad, just that if you choose to buy Fuji, then probably the best competitors are Olympus or

Samsung.