If the x-pro 2 and x-t2 were both released tomorrow...

If the x-pro 2 and x-t2 were both released tomorrow, which one would you buy? Assuming they had the exact same feature set except for body design and viewfinder type.

No brainer for me, X-T2.... work before play. I like the OVF on my X100T (and previously X-Pro) but for work, the T1's are the best and a T2 with increased resolution would be great. Buy in an instant.

Hands down Xpro 2 ..it was the rangefinder looks that got Fuji "started"...if they continue down the road only with the slr design and ignore that...will they be any different from Olympus, Panasonic..etc? Fuji appealed to the old style of photography and despite the unquestionable performance of the XT1.... I still feel that the soul is in a rangefinder body...

I´ll continue to wait and shoot with my X100s until Fuji says "we will not produce a Xpro2"...if that happens.. damm.

I am not a fan of the X-Pro look.  So, with equal features I would choose and X-T2 over and X-Pro 2.  However, what I would really like is an X-E3 with the same features as the X-T2.  Somehow the X-Ex series does not look as clunky (that is a highly technical term) as the X-Pro series.

X-T2 for sure.

The formfactor is ideal, even for us with larger hands. I enjoy beeing able to control the most important settings manually, instead of always have to dig into the menu. 

The X-T1 is a classic piece of art, whereas the X-Pro aka rangefinder is, well... clumsy.

X-T2 for sure. I can't remember falling in love and being in love with a photographic camera as I do/am with my X-T1. I owned a X-PRO 1 but that was before X-T1. I even found myself thinking that a FF X-T1 would be heaven but I quickly realized that except for AF, the X-T1 is perfect.

The X-Pro 1 is an 'uber' cool piece of equipment, no matter how you look at it. It may be a tad slow, but you can't fault the aesthetics of it. I would just like AF response times to match my Nikons.   

The Fuji fast-glass line up is fantastic and no doubt will continue to be in the future (it would be interesting what transpires with the XF33mm F1 and other fast lenses that are being considered). Considering how Fuji has pulled out all the stops in producing their product range over the last number of years, I have a strong sense that the future X-Pro 2 will not disappoint. 

X-Pro 2 - hands down for me ...

Well count me in the i am not sure camp

Some of you will be unsurprised to hear me say that the X-E2 is my favorite body. I think its the nicest looking out of hte X-Pro X-T1 X-T10 and X-E2 so if they brought out an X-E3 I would be all over it. I have to say i like the addiiton of a front control wheel on the X-T10/1 so an X-E3 with that on that could be customized to ISO would be AWESOME, and if they threw an articulating screen on there I would be in 7th heaven.

ANyway back in the real world. I really prefer EVF over OVF, and the X-T2 will almost certainly have better EVF. HOwever you can just choose not to use OVF on the X-Pro and its nice to have it for action so that plus my preference for rangefinder form factor put me down for X-Pro 2 in this contest.

I have both the X-T1 and the X-E2. The viewfinder of the X-T1 is just to die for and it is fabulous camera, but it is the X-E2 that I love. It is the camera that finds its way into my bag before the other.

The rangefinder style suits me better than the SLR one.

On this basis, my preference would certainly be the X-Pro2, given the hypothetical specifications.

I'd prefer the X-T2 to stay at 16mp

Even if they manage to go to 24mp and not lose any low light performance, I would rather stay at 16 and gain better quality in low light. (plus keep the smaller and faster file size)

[...]

Oh, I would definitely go for the X-T2 over the X-Pro2

Agreed. Not only low light performance which is critical to me but overall dynamic range. 16mp is fine. I've had double page spreads published with 8mp Canon files. I'd also like non destructive compression in RAF like Canon does with CR2. Apple got it right with the iPhone. They've had a 8mp camera for a few years now and just keep improving the quality of the resulting images.

And yes, X-T2. Rangefinders look cool but SLR style works for me and likely has a wider appeal and selling more bodies is good for us all so Fuji has $ to pay for R&D for the X-T3. Also like the X-T1 size. X-PRO1 is heavier and larger and at least for me that's not a plus when I'm trying to reduce travel weight.

If the 2's would come out in both, X-Pro and X-T. I would get both and continue the way I currently shoot. The Pro 1 is for 14-35, which frame through the viewfinder. The T1 is for a tele. Currently, shooting the14 on the Pro and 56 on the T. For sports and fast moving subjects, I move to my Nikons with 16-35 and 70-200. The X cameras are used for "rangefinder shooting," where Leica 35mm's once fit in. The Pro does well with OVF up to 50mm equivalent. If the Pro came with an EVF as good as the T bodies and a battery grip, then I'd be tempter to get two Pros, but I expect that the T will continue with the EVF advantage. 

If both were released tomorrow, the only logical solution is to get both. Currently, shoot both; the Pro for wide to normal 14-35 with the OVF for fast framing. Walk around with the 14 on the Pro1, since it will allow manual focus from infinity to almost the front element at f8-11. After a while, I get used to composing in my mind's eye when I hold the camera down on the ground, up in the air, or snap a shot while looking innocent. The T1 is for normal to tele lenses. The 56 balances nicely on the T1 with the battery grip. Focus is fast enough for all but action shooting. For fast moving subjects, the Nikons come out with 16-35 and 70-200 lenses. Horses, cars, runners require the super fast, spot on Nikon focusing and 10 frames a second. Maybe the new software update will nail that work for the Fuji x-T1, but I won't sell my Nikons until I'm sure. 

• 2 weeks later...

I love the X-T1 and if I was to up grade I would go for the X-T2. I am so use to shooting with a DSLR style camera than with the range finder style.. But you know they both will be great cameras.. variety there is nothing wrong with that..