If the x-pro 2 and x-t2 were both released tomorrow...

I personally don’t really care much for any OVF and prefer the EVF and if both cameras were to offer exact te same features aside from that one I would definitely go for the X-T2. 

I have to admit that from a purely aesthetic perspective I like the look of the X-Pro better but when I bought my X-T1 ( after owning a X-E1 and having used the XM-1 for a a few weeks in which the XE-1 was gone for repairs) the quality of its EVF was, for me, one of the decise factore in upgrading, although I did prefer the looks of the other cameras.

"....And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp. - The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need."

Not everyone is right eye dominant unfortunately.

Do you see care in my eyes? 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I can't see your eyes in that photo, but your avatar photo helps explain your biases towards range finders more than the size of your nose; which does not look massive to me.  Maybe a profile shot of your nose would help drive your point home even further.  :rolleyes:

I choose the X-Pro 2.

I've never had a camera with an off center viewfinder before and it is their premium body, I like the general idea and aesthetic, and hopefilly it has the most dials (I want all the Dials, and Wheels and Buttons and Switches).

I would have the X-T 2 as well just because I like to shoot BIF sometimes too.

The poll is funny as it clearly outlines that FR readers and forum users aren't the guys who are actually buying most of Fuji's cameras. In the real world, an X-T2 will outsell the X-Pro2 at least 4:1. This means that the X-T2 is basically subsidizing the R&D of the X-Pro2, as most of the Pro2's new features and technology will carry over to an X-T2.

Btw, in my workshops, 75-80% of the participants are using an X-T1. The remaining 20-25% are using one of the other X camera models.

As an owner (and lover) :wub:  of an X-T1 I would totaly go for the X-T2...

even if the X-PRO2 will have something more in the speks I will still go for the X-T2.

One thing that I really love of my X-T1 is its look (and the EVF), but beyond that there's somthing in this camera that the other

cameras the I used simply don't have.

Yes, but the poll is about a different predicament.

For a number of reasons I am a X-T1 user but as I said If I had had the choice of a camera with equal performance and a more retro look I would have gone for that one instead.

When I bought the X-T1 the X-Pro 1 and all the other X cameras clearly weren’t in the same league as the X-T 1 and further developments of the system confirmed that Fuji were to support the X-T 1 more than any other camera for some time to come .

But the poll is essentially about a different situation one that has not happened yet ( and maybe will never happen) and that is the co-existence of two cameras one looking like the X-pro and the other looking like the X-T with both the exact same characteristics and price.

In that case, I am convinced that the X-Pro would if not equal at least close the gap with the X-T, because, I am convinced, that the typical Fuji client is a person not insensitive to the retro looks.

( well as I posted my answer Iko contradicted it right away, so I might be wrong but I am not so quite sure that that would be the majority of the market, the retro camera have a inconspicuous quality that the reflex-look of the X-T lacks)

It depends on the specs of the X-T2 for me. I love my X-T1, especially with the grip, and I feel like a smaller camera would compliment it more, as I'd have an even better camera for everyday carry. So if the X-T2 (and therefore X-Pro 2) had significantly better specs, I'd get the X-T2 because of the larger EVF, ISO dial, and grip compatibility. If the specs aren't significantly different than the X-T1 (i.e. less than a stop difference in ISO performance, or just marginally better AF), I'd get the X-Pro 2 for the less intrusive form factor, and keep the X-T1 for more serious occasions. 

Well I can't say I'm a huge fan of the XPRo series.  However, I did LOVE my X-E1, and I now LOVE my X-T1.  

If Fuji released an X-T2 I'd be all over it as my primary body -- IF it had 24mp or more.  With that said, I am hoping and praying that Fuji does in fact release a X-T2 prior to September 18th of this year as I'm going on a 10 day stock shoot and would just love to have that camera along for the ride.

We shall see, unless some of us is in “ the know” these are only conjectures. We are very far away from the next Photokina at the end of September 2016. Then, maybe, we will see the new X-T but I do believe that they will try to extract as much market possible for the present top model for which they have created a new space in the market.

Making comparison to the Iphone is, in my not so humble opinion, not realistic. Fuji is a great system but it hardly features on the market as the “ obscure object of desire “ and is not the kind of status symbol which the Iphone has been for years and years now.

We shall see, unless some of us is in “ the know” these are only conjectures. We are very far away from the next Photokina at the end of September 2016. Then, maybe, we will see the new X-T but I do believe that they will try to extract as much market possible for the present top model for which they have created a new space in the market.

Making comparison to the Iphone is, in my not so humble opinion, not realistic. Fuji is a great system but it hardly features on the market as the “ obscure object of desire “ and is not the kind of status symbol which the Iphone has been for years and years now.

Milandro,

I agree with you. Consider that the x-t1 has been on the market for over a year now. Almost 1.5. Yet Fuji has felt it has only needed to discount it by $100 for the body. Who else has this kind of success? As time goes on they get better internal cost for each unit shipped. This means the profit margin continues to increase on the X-t1. Why in the world would they want to minimize return on investment at this point if it is selling so well that they have not felt they needed to introduce something to succeed it or dip the price any further to increase sales?

I'm sure they are working on the successor, but they will take their time and keep making it better internally until they feel the x-t1 is no longer competitive through SW upgrades and profit margins have dropped too far thru price elasticity.