If the x-pro 2 and x-t2 were both released tomorrow...

If the X-Pro 2 is weather sealed, then it's that for me

absolutely. I'm an X-T1 owner and still find the EVF nowhere near as good as a good OVF in some conditions - not enough dynamic range at all, and too much contrast. Not nice in low light either. X-Pro 2 (I'm assuming) will have the best of both worlds like the X100T - a quick switch choice of EVF/OVF with focus patch in the OVF. Only if the X-T2 had a hybrid OVF/EVF and some other different features would I consider it, but I still prefer rangefinder style bodies.

Hi,

I've  never really understood the preoccupation that some owners have with whether their cameras have a flat top or not.  The VF has to be somewhere and the obvious choices are top left, top centre or top right.  I've never seen a top right VF, and if you opt for centre, you need a hump to clear the lens and sensor internals.  None of which makes a mirror-less camera anything like an RF or a DSLR, despite the style epithets they've been given.  For me personally, I'm left eyed, so the left corner placement of the VF window holds no advantages. 

As a generality, I can see no reason to buy a body with a hybrid finder whose optical finder won't operate with half the lenses in the lens range.  Even IF Fuji develops the  X Pro 2 finder to operate at 16mm (ie for the 16mm and 16-55), that still requires recourse to the EVF for the 10-24, 14, 50-230, 55-200, 90, 120 and 100-400mm lenses.   If one has to switch to EVF for these, and one finds that acceptable, one may as well just have the EVF. 

I'm very happy with my XT1, so I probably won't buy either camera.  But if I did, it would be the XT2. 

Started with the X100, lovely camera but missed many pics...too slow. XPro1 then came along and I love it. Then XT1, the first was stolen in Paris, the second still with me and I do most of my assignments with that, yes I make my living taking photos. Got more lenses then I can actually use but they all with me all the time.

The thing is, I am not using XPro1 much these days. However if the new XPro2 will be faster, more pixels and a even better sensor.....well nothing is better then a gorgeous rangefinder looking camera. Don't need to be smaller in my opinion. And if the XT2 comes at the right time when money is laying rotting in my bank account I guess i will get that too. The thing is Fuji will have to come up with something really new if they don't want to lose to Sony. Would it be possible to have a full frame XPro2 that can still use the old lenses in a crop mode? I am a photographer not an engineer so I would not know.  I know full frame may be off the menu for the time being...but man! a XPro 2 full frame? That would be awesome

When shooting action and in low light I enjoy having both eyes open so the one is free of the camera can see what is going on and anticipate what is coming. The next updated "range finder" style body with better resolution, be that X-Pro2 or X-E3, will be mine. In the Extra's department it would cool to have a EVF that could rotate 180 to provide for upside down shooting - camera should never be between us and the subject.

• 3 weeks later...

As an X-100s and X-E1&2 user I'd go for the X-Pro body if only because the X-T1 to my mind is beaten hands down by the Olympus E-M1, results there is little if any difference to see on an A3+ print and as regards handling the X-T is like a brick with buttons and wheels, it is dreadful.  My advice to Fuji is concentrate on what brought you back into the game.

• 2 weeks later...

As a Canon user, I was intrigued by the Olympus OM-D, but didn't like it.  Then tried the Pro 1 and it was love at first sight.  Loved the feel.  Was like old times, gave a new burst of enthusiasm to my photography.  But it's not perfect.  So I too opted for the T1, and I also love this camera, but for different reasons.  Then a friend lent me a X100 T and I knew I had to have one.  Now I find I take the X100 T with me everywhere.  I find I use this most.  I hardly use my Pro 1 now, but I still love it.  The T1 just sits there.  At the moment I'm trying to encourage myself to use it more, as in theory it is the better camera.  But the rangefinder is so much fun.  X100 T with a tilt screen would be perfect.  So as per the topic, T2 or Pro 2?  My preference would be X200 T, but I also don't doubt both a T2 and Pro 2 will make it into my camera bag.

Though I previously have been all aboard the T-train, since the T10 came out I've barely touched my T1. Something about the smaller body just works better, for me, for that kind of body style.

So, with that in mind, I think I would now go for a Pro2 over a T2. The T10 is doing everything I like about the T1 and takes up less space in the bag. In a hypothetical world where the T2 and Pro2 have the same sensor, screen and everything else and the only difference is the body shape, I might as well go for a Pro2. The full-size T line seems really redundant now that the T10 is here. Which is odd, because with SLR and medium format I've always been more comfortable the larger the camera is.

The Pro does need to be available in silver, though. As redundant as the find the T1/T2 body to be, now, if that is still available in silver and the Pro2 remains in black only, hells to it, I'll get the T2. 

All else equal? (Which it never is.) X-Pro1 for sure. Yeah I know the X-T1 was a bigger seller, but they never upgraded the X-Pro hardware so how do we know how each would sell in the same market at the same time? The X-Pro will be more expensive because it's simply not cheap to make a quality OVF, let alone a hybrid. An EVF is just another chip... My guess is that if Fuji makes an X-Pro2, it will be positioned at the top of the line, at least until an X-T2 comes out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Para mi, el X-Pro es una muy buena cámara estilo Leica para fotoperiodismo y reportaje. Pero mi tema preferido es el paisaje, macro...y para este tipo de fotografía el XT creo que es superior y por eso es mi cámara.

Pero no compraría el X-T2 solo por el hecho que tuviera más megas. Me tendría que convencer por más razones. Perdón por no escribir en ingles pero no sé. Saludos cordiales.

Yeah...

I wish Fuji would improve off camera flash system. TTL, HSS, Commander mode, Slave, sync speed and all that good stuff! Plus in body I.S would be very nice with the non I.S. Fuji lenses....  My Xpro1 misses that ability :)

Looking forward to Octobers announcement Xpro2. If it doesnt happen... still have Xpro1 and Xt1/Lens rebates are coming soon to the USA the 16th of this month!  

Cheers... ;)

http://www.cameraegg.org/fujifilm-x-pro2-specs-first-leaked-image/

• 4 weeks later...

X-Pro 2, 3, 4 and whatever anyday, if Fuji will continue to adapt hybrid OVF with all of the lenses.

But if XT-2 will suddenly get hybrid OVF, than I'll have to buy both - XT-2 for using with zooms (because of its DSLRish body, especially with battery grip) and X-Pro 2 for using with primes.

Spell it out for us. What are you trying to say?? When has Apple ever released a new iOS major version on old iPhones before introducing it first on the release of the new iPhone ?

Every single time. The new phone always came a few days after the software upgrade.

I've have been experimenting shooting with my XP-1 in the studio and love the images. But, I need to shoot tethered for the type of work I do on a daily basis, e.g., http://shopcitrus.com  

So, from a pure aesthetic / feel point of view, I hope this functionality will be available on the the XP-2. If not, I'll probably purchase the X-T2.  

• 3 weeks later...

Can I comment for the X-Pro 2 next generation could be an Wireless rangefinder in your eye piece and Camera not change style but the smaller size of the old one X-Pro1 and faster than X100t Shutter speed and access the New version of SDXC card and other one is New update firmware often about focus point and wireless all the thing are my idea of the Nex X-Pro2 I will need with.

Can I comment for the X-Pro 2 next generation could be an Wireless rangefinder in your eye piece and Camera not change style but the smaller size of the old one X-Pro1 and faster than X100t Shutter speed and access the New version of SDXC card and other one is New update firmware often about focus point and wireless all the thing are my idea of the Nex X-Pro2 I will need with.

• 3 months later...

I haven't had a Fuji yet, but am pretty impressed by what I have seen they can deliver.  I like especially low light situations and not having to use a flash.  The X-T2 would be my favourite.  Correction IS my favourite.  The X-Pro 2 shows me what I can expect from it.  And that is a lot.  The reason for me to choose for the X-T2 is the grip.   I like to take pictures with one hand in unusual directions.  And it will have a tiltable screen.